A Villainess No More - Ch. 28

Why does she seem so timid... her family just pushed her around

Supporter
What happened to the black knights? Are they still waiting outside for Athy to come?

Even till this day, humans will always find a scapegoat to blame and harm if they don't have an outlet ;; Scary

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Think the problem with her family was more due to bad communications and not knowing how to interact with their genius daughter rather than favoritism and intentional ostracizing. Mother had mentioned MC was basically one handling all the house's accounts and was going to be a mess before MC left the house to travel. It's also hard for a parent to teach a child who's smarter and more talented than them not to mention awkward. Her sister on the other hand was open, bright, outgoing, a complete idiot who rode emotional highs and refused to think or use her brain. Then there's the mixed messages and misunderstandings such as the MC telling her family they don't need to trouble themselves by coming to the wedding when she does want them to come.

I don't think she lied about her parents... but what she said is very misleading if you don't know what's behind her thoughts.
It's not a lie because if they had made her sister come instead it would have become a disaster, so sending Athy instead was a wiser decision. But it gives the illusion that they are more aware than I think they are, and that Athy has a stronger bond with her family than she does 🤔

It'll be interesting when he meets them.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kardelune If you look at it on the flip side, if the only way you can characterize your parents is through the political marriage they set up, they must not be notable. Pretty sure the dude isn't dumb, so he probs gets it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so glad Athy got a decent marriage with the nice Duke. She did so much at her home, in terms of duty and being considerate to others who weren't the same to her.

Users who are viewing this thread