A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Like others have said before me, the dude's creepy. Besides, this behavior of his towards Mildred would be considered scandalous.

dude is straight up creepy... if that were to happen in real life... him stroking her back is considered "testing the waters" =_=

Dex-chan lover
How does he not just set off a ton of red flags to Mildred??? He's straight up super suspicious. It's weird to me that she knows that people who are against him get "damaged" in some way but still gets in the same carriage as him, for all she knows if he rapes and beats her nothing will happen to him. She straight up ignores her brother and his wife's warning because she thinks them as "miserly" immediately after turning around.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it, Mildred is stupid af.

Dex-chan lover
Why are the MLs in these stories always so damn stalkerish and obsessive? Even though I'm a guy, I can understand the appeal of a handsome, young man who is completely smitten by some woman and acts all smug and "playful" around her but these guys are always one neckbeard away from being the kind of people you should avoid at all costs.

Fed-Kun's army
hmmmm methinks that this man might just be a weirdo... however, the comments about milfs are in fact correct and scientifically proven

I love the MC so far but is this really our ML? No matter how handsome he is, he gives such major creep vibes. The banter is cute but the way he suddenly put his hand on her back, offering a (as far as he knows) married lady a ride home (where they'll likely be alone in the same carriage), it's just so pushy that if this wasn't a romance webtoon I'd probably think he was a predator who'd murder her once they're alone together lol

Well. Admittedly the haraguro ML thing borders on creepy sometimes but... Her brother seems less reliable and kind of unlikable.
He doesn’t actually feel bad for his sister who was widowed again. In fact he probably thinks he can get more connections if she marries someome he finds to be helpful to him. Then he makes rude assumptions about her.
He think badly of someone, yet still invites them over and pretends to be amicable.

I wouldn’t say Milly is an idiot. If you were busy thinking about your kids, a flirty younger guy probably comes off as a slightly annoying kid.

What I don’t like about him is the rudeness.
Me: [Call her Mrs Barnes ya brat! She told you to call her Mrs Barnes.]

Dex-chan lover
I like Mildred's sister in law, she was more sympathetic than her own brother. But he's probably just looking out for her future since it would be hard for her to live the rest of her life on what little money is left, without income coming in and while raising three daughters. Maybe he's just being realistic, I don't think he's heartless though he could have tried to set her up with that guy because he's got money and a good social circle but he warned her instead

Thank you for the update!

I hope ML is just someone who likes to tease and not actually rude

I really really like MC though she is so stubborn it’s great

Supporter
The brother is pragmatic, but I'm sure he cares for her. However its his duty to make sure his sister and nieces have a man to speak for them or else the worst could befall them. Sure he would gain connections, but if he was truly heartless he could rid himself of the four of them and worry about himself. SO I want more of these future dresses~

He looks older than her by the fact that he always call her by her name. Or maybe I'm wrong lol

Fed-Kun's army
@clairedreems yea fair enough, could see why she'd do the exact opposite of what the bro said lol but the dude himself is lowkey weirding me out so..

Dex-chan lover
I am sorry but this is just fucking creepy. The way he behaves is like she is a new toy to amuse him, she should have smacked his hand away the instant he offered it and also when he put his arm on her back. Do not fucking accept the carriage ride from him, come on.

Dex-chan lover
thanks to the people that took the time to analyze her brother's behavior. I feel its right to villainaze the baron, aside from being creepy the author still is foreshadowing an ominous encounter, reading it update by update makes it hard to follow the story with my goldfish memory.
thanks for the update nonetheless. will be rereading the story once enough chapter are out. syncing with the moral and emotional aspect of the story is fun in itself

Thank goodness it seems I'm not the only one who thinks that this supposed ML is really creepy. And freaking annoying too. Respect her when she said to call her Mrs. Barnes you freaking brat!

Like seriously, why are there so many of these possessive, highkey creepy but acting amiable MLs in this kind of stories?! Can't you guys just stop and RESPECT WHAT THE WOMEN WANTS for once?!

I'm so fucking glad that people aren't fangirling over his looks and overlooking his creepy behavior. I genuinely hate people who don't respect other people's boundaries....
She already asked him to call her Mrs. Barnes yet he keeps on insisting on calling her by her name. Like seriously she is older than him and deserves some fucking respect.
I get that she might ignore her brother bc he does seem fishy but his wife seemed like she genuinely cared for her. It seems so foolish to ignore the warning of the wife....
The mc is in a new world and instead of listening to people who have lived in this world longer than her she is just ignoring their warnings...

tl;dr: the ml is creepy as fuck and doesn't respect boundaries and I'm glad people are calling him out
the mc is kinda stupid to ignore the warnings of people who have lived in this world longer than she has.

Bruh, please don't tell me this rude Walford guy is going to be the ML? 😩
If so I'm gonna be so disappointed. The FL and all her daughters are lovable, I'm so into their familial interaction tho :"

Users who are viewing this thread