A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Vol. 1 Ch. 11

You deserve that a@#โ‚ฑhole!!

Thank you for the translation!!! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ฏ

I love mildred but i want more chapters about their family dynamic. Is this manhua gonna be like that or will it be more focused on her romance?

@socialterrapin meaning that guy wouldn't be able to complain because it'd be considered shameful if he admit a woman's kick hurted him ๐Ÿ™Œ yes, let him SUFFER ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

@socialterrapin Actually even under the whole 'women are property' thing it doesn't make since for her brother's behaviour. She would be 'property' of her deceased husband's family. From the moment she married the first time she would no longer have belonged to her brother's family in that way.

@sorakasturi although 'women are property' was a thing but that wasn't all of it. It has a lot to do with the culture and norm back in those times.

First thing being the fact that 'women don't have right for inheritance'. For Mildred it's seen in her first marriage. Her first husband died but she didn't get the inheritance because of children were daughters. Inevitable someone from her husband side inherited his noble tilte (don't remember what his title was) and the property. So Mildred then married a business man. Luckily from her second husband she managed to get the property because it wasn't a family inheritance but something he bought and earned himself. Like the mansion for example was bought. So she gets to keep it.

Second, all her kids are daughters. The issue is that girls back then, when they get married they move and live with their husbands and are considered part of their husband's family. When all her daughters gets married Mildred would be by her self. This also why it was considered a good thing to have a son more than a daughter, since sons has right for inheritance and gets stay with their parents even after marriage. Of course none of this would be a problem if you were rich but not for Mildred, she doesn't have much. She's already doing the house work cause she can't hire servents. There is no income so she will have be frugal with what she has. Starting is a business a thing but it's not easy (investment, business partner, u can also get scamed, etc). If u don't have a strong backing and support it won't be easy. Mildred doesn't mind she's fine with taking care of herself but if she got married she'll be able to live an easier life. Which is why her brother is pushing her to get married, he gets connection she gets a comfortable life is what her brother thinks. Unfortunately women were not considered equal back then so their personal feelings were not considered and would end up marring even if they don't like. Though that doesn't happen if their family is caring and considerate but Mildred isn't so fortunate when it comes to her brother.

Edit: OMG I typed all that and clicked on comment and it disappeared. ๐Ÿ˜ตThank goodness it got posted cause I ain't typing all that again.
(โ•ฅ๏นโ•ฅ)

Dex-chan lover
Lord Walford must be doing exceptionally well, seeing how she isn't THAT feisty with him.

Contributor
The perfect crunch. Music to mine ears. And she has the perfect alibi. Man, I wish that last part weren't necessary, it being perfectly deserved and all...

Re: The discussion of her brother, the worst thing is it's entirely possible that he thinks he has her best interests at heart. That it's part of his responsibility to "take care of her". In much the same way that our protagonist thinks she has to take care of her daughters, reallyโ€”except in his case with a dose of casual assholery, completely disregarding the will and self-determination of the person in question... Systemic sexism is a bitch.

@Spinaple I thought that's why she said "oh my, I'm sorry I stepped on your foot, how clumsy of me~". If he makes a big fuss about it now he'll lose face in front of his peers, and as long as he isn't a brain dead cannon fodder type of character, he'll just leave it and not come back in 5 chapters like "HOW DARE YOU BREAK MY SHIN"

A calculated risk, a clever cover up........not to mention that him feeling up a noble lady in public when they're not even engaged isn't exactly, acceptable behavior. If she was a commoner, then no one would care, but she's a noble. Seems like Mil prefers a more.......direct punishment, though

Users who are viewing this thread