A Witch's Hopeless Wish - Ch. 52

It's true that Noah is not doing this to Eleanor out of love. He is trying to make her have a codependent relationship with him, which is a harmful and manipulative kind of relationship. If you love someone, you wouldn't hurt them, disrespect their personal autonomy, and cross their boundaries. What Noah feels for Eleanor is anything but love.

@LiquidDestroyer Noah wasn't really mentioned in Ellen's backstory in the previous chapters tho. But I do agree that Caidel isn't mad at Ellen. Then again, who knows? There could be a twist or something later on.

Dex-chan lover
@45am it's foolish to say it's not love. Love isn't just the pure and good thing that you think it is.

Aphrodite, the greek goddess of love, was known for her beauty and goodness... and also jealousy, cheating, temptation to adultery and more. A twisted yandere one-sided love is still love. An honest married couple caring for one another is still love. A strange connection of kinship and desire for one another between alien and human might even be deemed a form of love.

Love's effects are often constructive, but do not deny love's destructive effects - if the girl you want turns you down, or if the boy you married dies in a car crash, leading you emotionally gutted. If you have a flash of jealousy seeing someone flirt with the love of your life, that's still love.

A love where one is consumed by desire to own and possess all of the one you desire, forsaking their wishes and lying to them and tricking them and hurting them just enough so they have no-one but you. It's love, and a twisted and evil love.

A love where one is consumed by desire to help and protect the one you love, which may pit you against the world, and choose to destroy the entire world rather than let her die - that is love, again, and some may consider that an evil, too.

A love where one has heartfelt desire to help provide what another needs, and which is shared by the other, in a mutually equal relationship tempered by forbearance and respect. It's love. And one that is healthy and good.

But all these examples are of the same emotion, with the very important difference being how that love is expressed. Love is not something you can simply dismiss and deny so easily.

“My son and I have very high appearance fees” chills... that line was so good.

@red225 uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh...lol. There's a difference between unhealthy and healthy emotions. The unhealthy crap you described isn't love, it's toxicity. Also you're lowkey ignoring polyamoury there, not everybody wants to have sole possession of their partner(s). You are the one who sounds like you're romanticizing things, romanticizing abusive and toxic behaviours that should never be defended because they have no justification. If you love someone you wouldn't hurt them, straight up. If you think that someone who is selfish enough to hurt you for their own entitled reasons is love, then you need to see a therapist. Try telling any of what you just said to an abuse survivor and see if they wouldn't scoff at you for basically telling them their abusers only did those terrible things for love.

Dex-chan lover
@45am polyamoury is absolutely love too, that is correct. But you are missing the vital fact that

a: toxic love is still love
b: toxic love is still toxic, and it's horrible. Love can be a horrible, horrible thing, twisting away at your guts like a rat chewing away within.

You say that someone in love won't hurt their partners? Let's set aside a love that might make someone spurned turn someone into a monster, a love that should someone catch their love in the midst of adultery turn murderous.
What of the self destructive love, that harms yourself or people other than your love?

What of the love that would make you wish to give your love everything - money, time, affection, draining you of more than you have? Regardless of whether they love you back or not? Is that love? Regardless if they even know you exist? Or would you call it something different? Spending money and wealth and livelihood on a gold-digger, or on a twitch livestreamer?

What of the love of someone battered by their abusive spouse, and yet going back again and again to be beaten more, without rationality? Are you going to say that person isn't in love, as harmful as it is to them? Would you belittle such abuse victims and say they aren't in love, and call them fools and entitled?

Not everyone in love wants to possess their partners. There are many kinds of love that are not toxic. Platonic relationships of respect. Couples in matrimony. Free love orgies.

And then there are some that start toxic, or become toxic.

It's ironic, you saying that I am romanticising love. You are saying any form of love which doesn't fit a perfect pure love isn't love. Isn't that itself romanticising the idea?

Thanks for your hard work! ♥
I love that Caidel utmost priority was inquiring about her relationship with Noah and not her other circumstances 😁
And I absolutely love the Earl, the panel with her drawing her sword was really cool 😍. It's just my intuition but I think she is pretty untouchable, I don't think things will go Noah's way.

okay so in conclusion noah is just a sicko with a deranged fantasy of living forever with a fellow immortal and having ellen be codependent on him ://

Some interesting discussion in the comments, haha.

Noah’s character seems different, a lot more animated than before. The Earl is cool on the other hand. I figure their fight will be relatively inconsequential.

hmmm i definitely think that noah's mistaking this as him doing all this for ellen out of love when it's really just a delusion i hope the earl or caidel or ellen knocks some sense into him

can someone reincarnate noah's first love or smth i feel like she'd be able to rewire his brain....or maybe he's too far gone at this point

Fed-Kun's army
Yo I love the Earl. I hope she will be okay.
Freaking yandere. Noah doesn't love Ellen, he just wants someone else that is immortal to be dependent on him.

Aaaaah, please, don't drop the serie! I would miss it and your comments on the chapter and all the reactions of the readers too... This is the only serie where it's fun to see all the different reactions to the same chapter, cuz there's so much interpretations possible.

Anyway, I understand that doing all the work alone can be really difficuly in many ways, so I don't mind waiting more time between the chapters as long as I know I'll eventually have the happy ending one day...or maybe not? That's the game here, right? Love or revenge. I believe in both, revenge then love, by the way.

Then, to cut it short, thank you for the new chapter and good luck in your studies as well!

Users who are viewing this thread