Aashi to Watashi - Gal Yuri Anthology - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - How She and I Got Close

Dex-chan lover
lol, there was a much much better translation out there, but this oneshot was controversial for an obvious reason, so they removed it.
If I had to guess, it was controversial because someone didn't understand something. But, never saw it so 🤷‍♀️

Dex-chan lover
It's rough since Yukiko is such a great artist, I have all of futaribeya physically, but this is kind of transphobic. Like the "man in a dress" in this manga wasn't really needed. We don't know if it was just a man pretending to be a woman online to lure in an innocent women but if so I don't think he'd need to dress in drag. She was already lured out. Anyone could have gone up to her then. The decision to keep them as a "man pretending to be a woman" was a weird choice to make and it's hard not to think about.

I'm not trying to start a fight it's just something to acknowledge. I will continue supporting the author.

To be fair, i don't think the author was being intentionally transphobic or anything, and probably didn't even think about it while drawing this. I could totally be wrong of course, but it didn't felt that way for me.

Also, removing the translation because the subject felt controversial is hilarious. There's literal pedophila, murder, rape, xenophobia and more in manga (and on this website), but people draw the line at this. It's weird.

Power Uploader
To be fair, i don't think the author was being intentionally transphobic or anything, and probably didn't even think about it while drawing this. I could totally be wrong of course, but it didn't felt that way for me.

Also, removing the translation because the subject felt controversial is hilarious. There's literal pedophila, murder, rape, xenophobia and more in manga (and on this website), but people draw the line at this. It's weird.

It looks like she deems trans women as dangerous, which didn't sit well with some people. That she didn't mean it that way doesn't matter.

Well, at least, this translation is trash, so we can forget it and it'll be better this way.

Dex-chan lover
It looks like she deems trans women as dangerous, which didn't sit well with some people. That she didn't mean it that way doesn't matter.

Well, at least, this translation is trash, so we can forget it and it'll be better this way.
Dunno, maybe it's because I am a trans woman but I didn't see it that way. I know a lot of us grew up with the whole "man in a dress === transexual" trope but I also think most people get over that too. Only people I'm seeing these days who go out of their way to make that comparison usually aren't arguing in good faith. The big, public transphobia moral panic is a handful of people.

In this case, I saw a man in a dress, not a trans woman. And, even if I were to say it's a trans woman, we're human, we've got the same proportion of perverts as everyone else. But I know there are people more sensitive to this stuff than I am.

Who knows, I guess. Japan has a lot of sexual predators and not a lot of knowledge on trans people. Could be either case.

Dunno, maybe it's because I am a trans woman but I didn't see it that way. I know a lot of us grew up with the whole "man in a dress === transexual" trope but I also think most people get over that too. Only people I'm seeing these days who go out of their way to make that comparison usually aren't arguing in good faith. The big, public transphobia moral panic is a handful of people.

In this case, I saw a man in a dress, not a trans woman. And, even if I were to say it's a trans woman, we're human, we've got the same proportion of perverts as everyone else. But I know there are people more sensitive to this stuff than I am.

Who knows, I guess. Japan has a lot of sexual predators and not a lot of knowledge on trans people. Could be either case.
I disagree. I’m a trans woman, too. So this is my analysis.

For me, it’s the framing of the interaction that implies (screams) transphobia. As you know art is deliberate, it’s crafted and not an occurrence.
If it’s actually a man that pretends to be a woman online, why dress like a woman when meeting the MC? This supposed man is deceiving the MC, but why is he doing such a poor job of concealing the fact he is a dude? Is it even necessary that you this man dresses as a women? They are not meeting somewhere that only women can access. Again why dress in fem associated clothes?After the MC noticed she would have had the same reaction!

I would categorize this scene as containing one of the classic transphobic arguments that try to frame trans women as deceitful and dangerous men, that want to encroach on women’s spaces and communities to prey “more easily” on women. Also if I understand correctly, this was released in 2023… soo it’s very sus.

Calling out BS transphobia is not being sensitive, it’s pointing out a hateful attitude that needs to be discussed in the community to create a better space for everyone. I truly believe inclusion is paramount for any community. It’s the right thing to do.

It’s a shame really, but this is the first manga that had a overtly transphobic moment.

It says a lot about a certain crowd when they immediately see themselves in a crossdressing predator :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread