Abashiri Family - Vol. 15 Ch. 46 - Police Ninja Squad Gotchaman

Dex-chan lover
I find it curious how he calls the girls "young sweetfishes". At first I though it may be a reference to 小女子 (kounago), which means both "young lancefish" and "little girl", but that's not sweetfish (it would be "chiayu", 稚鮎, or "wakaayu", 若鮎, perhaps even "hiuo", 氷魚). Since they are not remotely similar (no more than with another unrelated fish), that was most likely just my misunderstanding.

Still, what a weird lingo the ex-superintendent is using here.

Power Uploader
I find it curious how he calls the girls "young sweetfishes". At first I though it may be a reference to 小女子 (kounago), which means both "young lancefish" and "little girl", but that's not sweetfish (it would be "chiayu", 稚鮎, or "wakaayu", 若鮎, perhaps even "hiuo", 氷魚). Since they are not remotely similar (no more than with another unrelated fish), that was most likely just my misunderstanding.

Still, what a weird lingo the ex-superintendent is using here.
The line is 若アユちゃん. Wakaayu-chan. I don't know any better. If it is suposed to refer to somebody I don't know. Either way it works as a joke.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The line is 若アユちゃん. Wakaayu-chan. I don't know any better. If it is suposed to refer to somebody I don't know. Either way it works as a joke.
Never doubted it to be correctly translated, just that I find it quite curious (plus some unrelated trivia). It makes the guy sound like even more of a pervert, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread