About linking the namicomi-account

Will it make any difference in regards to support benefits if I link the namicomi-account as private or as public? What does the difference even mean?

PS:
It's truly a lifesaver that you all at MD took up the role that batoto left behind (it was really an eye-opener when the owner of batoto wrote why he had to leave it behind, and the strain it put on him), and I really hope you can continue for a very long time to come.
I'm digging into what's already a very restricted budget to help now, because even though I didn't support until now, the option between an even more stringent lifestyle or losing MD, I'll choose the lifestyle.
Although I really would've preferred if other people better off could've carried the weight, but to each their own.

Edit:
Changed "haven't supported thus far", to "didn't support until now". It isn't my first language, and sometimes the mental gymnastics of translating differences in grammar can go wrong for me.

Last edited:
Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Will it make any difference in regards to support benefits if I link the namicomi-account as private or as public?
Nope, no difference

What does the difference even mean?
Public means other users can see it on your user profile. Private means only you can see it.

I really hope you can continue for a very long time to come
We will do our best to keep going.
I'm digging into what's already a very restricted budget to help now, because even though I didn't support until now, the option between an even more stringent lifestyle or losing MD, I'll choose the lifestyle.
We really really appreciate the thought, but please don't sacrifice finances for us if you can't completely spare it! :nyoron:
There are many millions of users on MangaDex every month, and surely enough of them who can do it without sacrificing anything. And if not, we'd rather find other options than ask people struggling to sacrifice for us.

If you did it already, you can cancel your subscription at any time so it doesn't renew.
If it is a problem in retrospective (or you can't find how to do it), contact us and we'll try to figure something out.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
it's on your user page on MD: https://mangadex.org/user/me
Thank you, done... but is there supposed to be any effect on the "Please support us" widget by doing so?
The only reason I joined NamiComi was because that was the only way to become a supporter, and I've done so. But the "Please support us" widget still showed up until I clicked Not Now (which somehow seems wrong), and even now I'm getting the orange "MangaDex needs your support" banner.

Edit: Never mind, I discovered it only has an effect if you choose "Public". I had chosen "Private".

Nope, no difference

Public means other users can see it on your user profile. Private means only you can see it.

We will do our best to keep going.

We really really appreciate the thought, but please don't sacrifice finances for us if you can't completely spare it! :nyoron:
There are many millions of users on MangaDex every month, and surely enough of them who can do it without sacrificing anything. And if not, we'd rather find other options than ask people struggling to sacrifice for us.

If you did it already, you can cancel your subscription at any time so it doesn't renew.
If it is a problem in retrospective (or you can't find how to do it), contact us and we'll try to figure something out.
It is the same for me. For the next couple of months I do have a very strict budget, but I did at least a minimum, as long as I can do it.

I also linked the accounts and made evan made it public, but it seems to have no effect otherwise. I still have the "We need help" banner.

Edit: Well ... it seems that it did need some time. While I wrote this, it went away.

Dex-chan lover
It is the same for me. For the next couple of months I do have a very strict budget, but I did at least a minimum, as long as I can do it.

I also linked the accounts and made evan made it public, but it seems to have no effect otherwise. I still have the "We need help" banner.

Edit: Well ... it seems that it did need some time. While I wrote this, it went away.
Thank you, that's a reasonable surmise. It seems likely I fell prey to the "at the same time = caused by" fallacy. 😅

Still no badge, but that's just a curiosity (i.e. not my motivation).

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Testing showed it being instantaneous but you're not the first reporting a slight delay, so I guess we missed a specific case which requires an authentication refresh (which happens every 15 minutes). At least that's my guess atm.

Still no badge, but that's just a curiosity (i.e. not my motivation).
I forgot to add it while doing the long list of changes in the changelog :nyoron:
We'll make sure it makes it in the next update!

Users who are viewing this thread