Option to hide link to NamiComi (or make it less distracting?)

Double-page supporter
Regarding the NamiComi link at the bottom of the mainsite pages. Previously disabling the experimental setting to see affiliated animations disabled it all together, but now the still icon + name is there even with the setting disabled.

My tiny complaint is that the big blue icon and large text always loads first before the rest of the page and is a bit distracting. The other links to Twitter, Discord, etc are just black and white icons that are same size so they are not as distractive (I’m on dark mode on my phone if that matters).

I understand and appreciate that Mangadex is expanding into comics and is trying to promote it. It’s just that the link stands out a bit too much when the page is loading up. I would greatly appreciate if there’s an option to hide it or if it can be “standardized” like the rest of the links to Twitter etc.

Upvote 1
Firefox+uBlock Origin on Android (use element zapper/picker). If you're on iOS then you're SOL unless you jailbreak or MD implements the option.

Double-page supporter
Firefox+uBlock Origin on Android (use element zapper/picker). If you're on iOS then you're SOL unless you jailbreak or MD implements the option.
Sadly I am on iOS. Another reason to replace my old XR then.

They are not Mangadex, don't know where you read this information.
I did read the NamiComi thread from awhile ago where MD stated it just liked what they were doing, but must’ve forgotten when writing the post. NamiComi and MD do have wildly similar UI’s and the affiliated link animation recently changed too that more implied they were connected. Maybe it’s just residue from the April Fool’s ads but that’s when I noticed the change
0esf0b.jpeg

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
If you hover the link, there's a "Hide" button to do exactly what you ask:
1714001777318.png

Alternately, you can go and toggle it here too: Settings => Experiments => Display animations for affiliates

Double-page supporter
If you hover the link, there's a "Hide" button to do exactly what you ask:
View attachment 1997

Alternately, you can go and toggle it here too: Settings => Experiments => Display animations for affiliates
Hey tristan, thanks for taking the time to reply. Been using managdex for years and glad you guys are more open to direct support from users. Always happy that Mangadex is still ad-free, similar to Wikipedia. For this suggestion I'm moreso referring to the NamiComi link itself (the text and blue icon). It's just that it loads first with the page while the manga themselves take a bit to load in on the feed and triggers my self-diagnosed OCD (lol) because it wasn't there until recently, but I'll probably get used to it

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
because it wasn't there until recently, but I'll probably get used to it
Ah right; that one has been here for ~2 months iirc, maybe the laod times were better and you just didn't see it before.
We'll see to make it entirely disable-able for supporters at least, but since it's just a part of the footer we can't do very much more

Users who are viewing this thread