Abyss Azure no Zainin - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Come With Me

Group Leader
A welcome surprise to see this back, and with a good quality scanlation.
Thanks for the good work!

Dex-chan lover
Random detail I noticed while working on this—the map on page two appears to show that Tasomira is about a thousand kilometers away from the coast of Nii-jima, which would mean a few things:

1. Jo swam a thousand kilometers laterally (not to mention the vertical distance) before transforming into a human.
2. Mermaids having a border guard at that distance would make the perimeter near impossible to reliably patrol, even if they only patrolled the southern coast of Japan.
3. There is absolutely no way they would have ever realistically found Jo and Yuki.

Yes, yes, a bit odd that I can suspend my disbelief enough to accept that there are mermaids and they have a magical pill that'll turn you into a human (and vice-versa), but I can't believe that the leading characters would be found by a mermaid border patrol off the coast of Japan. Oh well.
While not discussed by Yuki, much like real fish and ocean creatures, there is perhaps some organs or sensory abilities that allow the merpeople to have a sort of innate GPS. Sharks have an exceptional sense of smell for example.

Yes, yes, a bit odd that I can suspend my disbelief enough to accept that there are mermaids and they have a magical pill that'll turn you into a human (and vice-versa), but I can't believe that the leading characters would be found by a mermaid border patrol off the coast of Japan. Oh well.
No, no, that is exactly how willing suspension of disbelieve works. We happily accept anything that is part of the premise, no matter how unscientific it may be. It's inconsistencies not part of the premise that break the immersion (pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread