Ad Astra - Scipio and Hannibal - Vol. 13 Ch. 80 - Battle of Zama: Conclusion

Aggregator gang
While it's cool that they both respect and admire each other, I can't help but think petty political opponents of both Scipio and Hannibal would shamelessly press on that matter that they make war sacrifices too lightly to just spare each other's lives. From what I read,
Hannibal gets thrown under the bus by Carthage and Scipio is forced into exile by the ungrateful Romans?

@Rosen_Ritter

Yup to the spoiler. Of those that participated in the war the one that got the best of it was ... Masinissa, that lived a very long life and had a bucketload of little Numinian princes :p

Dex-chan lover
Just one more! I'll save my final thoughts until I see the last chapter, but looks like there is some (rushed, but there) aftermath thankfully.

@Rosen_Ritter
Hannibal ends up joining Makedon's army to try and end the Romans for good, but is once again defeated. He eventually commits suicide while in exile.
Scipio, for his part, becomes the most relevant man of all Rome. So much so, the Senate starts suspecting he is trying to be king. He is eventually forced to go out of the city, which would be akin to exile, but it was hardly a punishment. More of a retirement to a villa of his

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1: >Of those that participated in the war the one that got the best of it was ... Masinissa
Must've hurt as hell since his love commited suicide.

@psgokhan: >Man that ending was chuunibyou as fuck.
Yeah

@Cervanteskarp:
Since they were more or less in conflict with the kingdoms he served later...

@BirchJuice

Well, just give a look at his wiki page. Just give a smell of the ... colourful life he had after Zama, he lived up to 90, had a son at 90 ;) and lead armies personally pretty much until his death :D

Dex-chan lover
And there's the end. I imagine the next chapter would have the epilogue of sorts?
Including a flash forward to the future S A L T I N G. Cato would've creamed himself.

hannibal's ugly adviser guy should go shoot himself, taking like 60% of screentime. he knows nothing of war and politics and this manga makes it look like it was his fault they lost

this ending is so disappointing, there was none of that great battle of wits like it was IRL from roman sources

Group Leader
@deltarayedge

"He knows nothing of war and politics"??? Lmao, do you even know who Silenos was? Here's a short history lesson for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silenus_Calatinus

>wrote a history in Greek of Hannibal's campaign in Italy from 218 to 204BC.
>he accompanied Hannibal during his campaign, and therefore was able to provide a contemporaneous, first-hand account.
>Antipater largely based much of his Latin history of the Second Punic War on Silenus; Polybius, Livy, and Cicero also referenced him.

Then perhaps the author should have showed some of that crap instead of making him look like a dumb puppetmaster

Users who are viewing this thread