Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 2 Ch. 12.5 - White Album (Part 2)

it hurts how relatable Adachi is with her stumbling through trying to properly express herself, along with Shimamura somehow not picking up her very obvious infatuation.

Dex-chan lover
@Enaero

There are some differences in Shimamura's character in the manga as opposed to the light novel. But, because in the light novel we are more privy to the thinking of each girl than we are in the manga, it isn't possible to discern those differences precisely. In the light novel at the corresponding point in the story,
Shimamura gives a lot of reasonable thought to what might be Adachi's thinking, and is far more aware than Shimamura appears in the manga.

Various things cause Shimamura in the light novel to be less responsive than a typical character under similar external circumstances. First, she is a person who is given to emotional inertia and who just accepts a great deal (including
THIS IS A BIG SPOILER!
the presence in her everyday life of a little girl who shows every sign of being extraterrestrial
). Second, she seriously wants to be kind, but struggles to see how to do so. Third, Shimamura wants Adachi to grow, and that growth requires struggle.

Shimamura in the manga is not as given to that emotional inertia, but the second and third points might fully apply (which is why I'm placing this bloc within a spoiler element).

Supporter
roses are red,
in winter you need gloves,
just make it fast
and fall in mutual love
yes I know its stupid xD

@Oeconomist
I think Shimamura interprets Adachi's behavior like as child who lacks love. She is right, because Adachi didn't grow up in a healthy environment. But the manga only needs a little more time to explain this better.

@WhereTheYuriAt You can start with volume 4. The first manga adapted the first 3 volumes.

@Oeconomist alright this does it you've convinced me to finally hunt down and read the LN. I kinda was wanting to just experience the mangas for what they are, but the lack of knowing what's true to the source (especially all the internal dialogue goodness) is killing me

I wish if Iruma-sensei would write an If chapter where Adachi actually confesses here. I just want to see Shimamura panicking lol

Dex-chan lover
@Enaero

I think that reading the light novel will make you like Adachi even more, and appreciate her struggle even more. And, not only is the fuller development of multiple characters, but there are interesting characters whom I do not expect to make meaningful appearances in the manga.

You cannot yet get the licensed translation of the light novel (though you can preorder the first two volumes). The bootlegged translation has some issues in the translator not knowing when, properly, to use quotation marks; in particular, often things said aloud are italicized without being place in quotation marks, giving a misleading appearance that something is being sub-vocalized or otherwise thought, without being spoken.

Dex-chan lover
7uTSR18.jpg

Shimamura giving her a boomerang was so funny! but its the thought that counts honestly, especially since she went all the way to go with nafuju for Adachi's gift, just like how Adachi did!

I see people complaining about how slow it is, but its what i like about this manga. I really enjoy seeing Adachi deal with her struggles and social awkwardness, she's probably the most relatable yuri character ever

Users who are viewing this thread