Add thread prefixes to Suggestions and Bugs forums

Contributor
The Community Contribution forum already has them and I think they'd be super useful for the Suggestions and Bugs forums in particular. I know the mods probably have some sort of private list of suggestions to be implemented and bugs to be fixed, but the average user doesn't have access to that. In my opinion, this would be a more useful way to let users see which suggestions/bugs are being worked on, as opposed to the current method which is just mods editing the title. Of course, unlike the Community Contribution forum, the thread prefixes for these two forums would only be editable by mods.

For the Suggestions forum, I suggest these thread prefixes:
  • Planned - For suggestions which are planned. This would also be used for in-progress suggestions; I don't think a separate prefix for that is needed. Its colour would be yellow, analogous to the "Assigned" prefix in the CC forum.
  • Implemented - For suggestions which have been implemented. This would also be used for already implemented suggestions; I don't think a separate prefix for that is needed. Its colour would be green, analogous to the "Completed" prefix in the CC forum.
  • Rejected - For suggestions which have been rejected. Its colour would be red.
  • Duplicate - For suggestions which are a duplicate. It could have any colour; I suggest grey or blue.
  • See Dev Response - For suggestions which are complicated and have been been discussed by devs. There's probably a better name for this but I can't think of any right now. It could have any colour; I suggest pink (like the colour of the Dev role) or purple.
For the Bugs forum, I'll suggest the following prefixes:
  • Known - For bugs which are known. Its colour would be yellow.
  • Fixed - For bugs which have been fixed. Its colour would be green.
  • Won't Fix - For bugs which won't be fixed. Its colour would be red.
  • Not a Bug - For posts which aren't a bug. Its colour could be orange or red.
  • Duplicate - For posts which are a duplicate. Its colour could be grey or blue.
  • Not MD - For bugs which MD devs can't do anything about, e.g. Xenforo features, unsupported browsers, etc. It could have any colour; I suggest pink or purple.
However, I understand that responses to bugs can be more complicated, so in those cases, the thread title can be edited in addition to adding a prefix.

Users who are viewing this thread