Adding Spies and Assassins in the "Ninja" Tag // And Changing the Name of the Tag

Considering that there are only 58 titles in the ninja tag, I think that adding spies and assassins in the mix would be beneficial. I don't think any of these should have separate tags at all (ninjas included), so instead mix them all together so we can actually have a tag that can also encompass titles like "Koroshi Ai" and "SPYxFAMILY".

For changing the name: since it's not really just ninjas anymore, changing it to something else would be nice but aside from espionage which doesn't really include assassins or cloak-and-dagger which is too long--- I don't actually know what else to call it.

Double-page supporter
Or remove ninja tag. 58 titles out of 50k... honestly I don't think this tag deserves to exist 😎

Aggregator gang
But isn't there a risk that someone will complain that these tags you suggest are "spoilers"?
Not out of malice but I noticed that people on the internet are getting worse for the issue of spoilers, it has now become as delicate as political or religious issues.
Personally I do not see the sense of adding them, if there is already the tag "ninja", it is enough and advances to understand that there will also be those things.
Ninja either spy or kill, are characters from the shadow.
It is as if you want to add "prison" as a tag instead of putting "detective", but it is normal if there are policemen there is also prison.
They are things connected in the end.
Also, as Mr Incognito said, there are already too many tags, adding more can only be confusing if they are not useful. '^^

@Ifrittuccia
I'm not saying we should get more tags, I even wrote "I don't think any of these should have separate tags at all". My point is the ninja tag is basically a barren wasteland, so mixing in assassins and spies wouldn't hurt. Also neither assassins or spies are given the "Ninja" tag, which is why we're here.

I don't know how the spoiler topic got here, but here: These tags are too vague to even be called a spoiler, these tags are just there for people to know what to expect especially if they're into that genre. Spoilers are specific story-line elements in a series, tags are not.

Dex-chan lover
I'm always for umbrella tags if they take away redundant tags. It would be best if you could think up of more candidates besides espionage.

is a Reindeer
VIP
Agree with Sterven. And yeah, ninjas are definitely everywhere in manga. Just needs to be tagged more.

Users who are viewing this thread