Adopted Daughter-in-Law Is Preparing to Be Abandoned - Ch. 39

It would be interesting if she does manage to get the Duke to sleep -- I would wonder if she has more powers than she knows

And thank you Scans team for another chapter 🙏

Dex-chan lover
You know... if the series summary is correct, no wonder the Duke doesn't want her to go away. She's basically their ray of light.

I know series like this don't always have the most concrete of stories but... I kinda like what we've had so far.

Dex-chan lover
A bit too late for her to try to act like a normal child. She might be able to fool someone who has never interacted with her before, but not those who know her.
Especially since the "thoughtful souvenir" she gave him from her first trip into town was an entire child-exploiting pickpocketing ring.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It would be interesting if she does manage to get the Duke to sleep -- I would wonder if she has more powers than she knows

And thank you Scans team for another chapter 🙏
She probably does have more unusual abilities, but I doubt there are any that are specific to the duke's condition. I thnk she might have some sort of soothing presence/aura ability.
Or maybe it's something like an ability/aura that generally enables her to have the intended psychological effect on the people around her, like relaxing them when tucking them in to sleep, being more convincing when manipulating them in any particular way, appearing more domineering when attempting intimidation, etc.
This kind of ability could also be related to communication, since she's the only one who's currently known to be able to mutually converse with the Crows.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, few children bring home a souvenir that would suit a knight captain better.
Suits a Just Noble quite well too. Though usually a noble's child would bring thieves back as prisoners after a patrol or expedition sent specifically for that purpose. Not as souvenirs from a daughter to her (unofficial) father.

And to be clear, I still suspect that the duke will change his mind take her as his actual adoptive daughter later on. That way MC can inherit the Northern Duchy of Schuetz and unite it with the Duchy of Clyde which Damian is already legally set to inherit. The relatives won't be able to complain about Damian being made heir Schuetz while being the legal heir to Clyde by blood, and it also elevates her status to be almost his equal (though she would still be seen as somewhat lower status due to being adopted).

Dex-chan lover
And to be clear, I still suspect that the duke will change his mind take her as his actual adoptive daughter later on. That way MC can inherit the Northern Duchy of Schuetz and unite it with the Duchy of Clyde which Damian is already legally set to inherit. The relatives won't be able to complain about Damian being made heir Schuetz while being the legal heir to Clyde by blood, and it also elevates her status to be almost his equal (though she would still be seen as somewhat lower status due to being adopted).
I don't think the duke cares terribly much about what others think. He's as powerful as the king. As it is, the king already, naturally, doesn't like it how powerful he is, or how powerful the two dukes were, which is why the king had one of them assassinated, presumably. So, no matter what the duke does, the king won't like it anyway. The lesser nobles can only try to curry favour from either the king or the duke.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the duke cares terribly much about what others think. He's as powerful as the king. As it is, the king already, naturally, doesn't like it how powerful he is, or how powerful the two dukes were, which is why the king had one of them assassinated, presumably. So, no matter what the duke does, the king won't like it anyway. The lesser nobles can only try to curry favour from either the king or the duke.
I mean, the duke can obviously do what he wants anyways. It's just less noisy for him when the others don't have as much reason to complain (because it aligns more closely with the standard customs).
In essence the result is pretty much same but the hassle is slightly less (and MC's status is more certain, giving others less cause to hassle her as well).

ivv

Dex-chan lover
THIS GIRL!
HOW AUDACIOUS!
HITTING ON MY DUKE!!!
well... she's mentally legal anyways so......

Users who are viewing this thread