After God - Ch. 57 - Friends Forever

Group Leader
Viz licensing After God appears to have lead to Comikey losing their rights to it. It's likely that Viz will eventually start simulpub like it does for How Do We Relationship from the same online magazine, but for the interim we'll be picking it up. This is a collaboration with Kossanctuary on Tumblr. They have more chapters on their page but we're working on polishing them up before uploading them here.

Chapters 1-56 can be read legally on Comikey and illegally on other aggregator sites.

Supporter
Viz licensing After God appears to have lead to Comikey losing their rights to it. It's likely that Viz will eventually start simulpub like it does for How Do We Relationship from the same online magazine, but for the interim we'll be picking it up. This is a collaboration with Kossanctuary on Tumblr. They have more chapters on their page but we're working on polishing them up before uploading them here.

Chapters 1-56 can be read legally on Comikey and illegally on other aggregator sites.
thank you so much for maintaining the series even during publisher downtimes, this is an oustanding manga that is in severe need of some love

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering why comikey hadn't updated this. Wish the app would have updated info about that, it still says Exclusive. Now I'm wondering if other series I was following that stopped updating got licensed by someone else :nyoron:

god i wish official localization would consistently provide little tl notes of their research like how scans group do
The extensive notes the official EN releases of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic had was soooo good. Unfortunately those do take extra pages which I can see a business person would prefer to be used for ads.

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering why comikey hadn't updated this. Wish the app would have updated info about that, it still says Exclusive. Now I'm wondering if other series I was following that stopped updating got licensed by someone else :nyoron:

The extensive notes the official EN releases of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic had was soooo good. Unfortunately those do take extra pages which I can see a business person would prefer to be used for ads.
yeppp and i do notice some publishers like yen press usually do it for the volume versions but not the individual chapter release which also makes sense

kinda sad that though that i can see some localization chooses to ignore important cultural details in exchange for "something english native can understand without extra context needed"

Dex-chan lover
Oooh, I've been waiting for more After God ever since it was dropped by Comikey. Thank you!

P.S., pages 24 and 25 are in the opposite order.

Group Leader
Oooh, I've been waiting for more After God ever since it was dropped by Comikey. Thank you!

P.S., pages 24 and 25 are in the opposite order.
Fixed, thank you for the heads up!!

As far as TL notes go, sometimes volume releases actually have quite good ones. We'll see for AfGo but I get the impression Viz is putting in some effort.

Double-page supporter
Thank you so much for picking AfGo up, I've been hoping that someone would after Comikey stopped tling. Thank you for including the A/N too I'm happy to see it 🙏🙏

Dex-chan lover
I had vaguely assumed Vollof was named after the Slavic pagan god Veles, also known as Volos. I don't know enough to try to make solid connections, but I can have fun making tenuous ones:
Veles believed to be a dragon, which in Slavic pagan tradition are chimeric mixes between a bear and a snake. Bear -> teddy bear -> stuffed rabbit. As Vollof's been consumed by Orokapi, and become part of him, he's now become mixed with a snake.

Users who are viewing this thread