After School Dice Club - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Memories of Fun

Truly a classic, although these days I play Archipelago more often.
Still, what other game lets you ask people if they have wood for sheep?

Contributor
Still, what other game lets you ask people if they have wood for sheep?

I was really disappointed that the trading example on page 16 didn't have the right resources for me to make that joke.
It's been ages since I last played Catan, but I still regularly see it on the table at board game meetups.

Dex-chan lover
I remember buying it, when it first came out here in Germany. First Boardgame I ever bought with my own money too.

great, now I feel old again. 😂

@ShaiHH

You're not old.
I was around when Cosmic Encounter came out.
That one upset me at the time because it lured my fellow heavy wargamers to the light (weight) side.

Double-page supporter
I played the game once while at an acquaintance's place. He and one of my friends were familiar with the game, but the rest of us had no clue what we were doing. I remember having barely any points at the end. I got pretty decent at Globopolis, though. Don't remember much about it other than Namibia, though.

So many games this manga could explore, we've had Catan. I've only played it once, but I loved every second of it.

Other games, I'd be happy to see here are Pandemic and Splendor. Oh, and Dominion (or any classic deck building game really)

When I play Catan these days, I usually run in to groups that don't trade (unless it's overwhelmingly to their advantage). So it's not fun for me anymore - I like to do lots of trades where the other player may gain a bigger advantage than I do, but I "make up for it in volume."

Users who are viewing this thread