After School Labyrinth Adventurer ~ I'm now able to go back and forth between Japan and another world, and I'll work hard to level up~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 3…

Dex-chan lover
[Putting soy sauce on a steak]

FUCKING STOP! STOP!

That was legit fucking torture to see that. Culinary equivalent of nails on a fucking chalk board.
Especially with such a supposedly high grade steak. Fuck me, the steak didn't do anything wrong to you - why are you debasing it and ruining it like that?

Dex-chan lover
"The wizards in this world all wear robes to hide their class from others".

Unless this means that wizards wear elemental-specific armor underneath their robes, that reads as really funny to me.

"Look at that guy wearing wizard robes. What class do you think he is?"
"Dunno, maybe if he wasn't wearing those wizard robes, I'd be able to tell if he was a wizard or not."

i've never eat "real" steak in my life, but pouring soy sauce to a steak feels really wrong for me.

Dex-chan lover
Pepper and garlic should be applied before and during cooking, applying them after cooking is sacrilegious.

As for soy sauce... probably not worse than steak sauce, still a pleb tier thing to do though.

Dex-chan lover
Isekai Izakaya Nobu has a lot of instances where the casual use of spices is very surprising to people from other worlds. I remember once giving my daughter a banana and reminding her that the fruit was so precious that we toppled the government of an entire nation in order to ensure that we had a steady supply. Wars certainly have been fought for control of the spice route, and that's talking about pepper not some exotic spice that allows you to travel across the galaxy!

It is an odd thing sometimes to think that in some respects we live like kings you know or everyday life.

Dex-chan lover
There had to be a JP food chapter.

Also, putting garbage on a good-meat steak is absurd. It means you screwed up cooking it or the cut is bad. An IR oven with a reverse sear will be amazing by itself. Absolutely none of this garbage needed.

For all the nonsense Japanese authors try adding in food chapters, it really goes to show how little they know, and have never actually eaten. Any world-class stakehouse chef would be offended if you put A1 on it.

Don't write about/draw what you don't have experience with. It's cringe. (Anatomy, Food, Firearms, Metallurgy, Language, Culture.)

Dex-chan lover
checking ”auth thinks only Asians have fermented sauces” on my isekai bingo

Yep. This... sadly.

Never mind that Worcestershire sauce exists and would be... multitudes better than ruining a perfectly good steak with soy sauce. (And, y'know, should be used when cooking. Not when served.)

Double-page supporter
Silent Hill Prefecture
I'm guessing that was Shizuoka (静岡).

So much hate for soy sauce. As somebody that has never understood why people ruin plenty of good food with crap like ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc, I say to just let him eat however he wants (as long as I'm also allowed to eat how I want).

Users who are viewing this thread