After School Mate - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty great so far, it seems to take rikas gender identity seriously and is a pretty realistic portrayal of what being trans is like. The whole thing of falling in love with someone who's trans before they have started to transition is a difficult thing to deal with definitely and i'm interested to see what's going to happen next. Rika is unquestionably into that one girl from his class so who knows how he would feel about satsuki after he manages to get his feelings in order, I don't know if there's any hope for satsuki and rika getting together because it'd be understandable if satsuki doesn't want to show his feelings because he feels guilty for seeing rika as a woman, but who knows rika might start transitioning at some point later in the story and satsuki could realise that he still has feelings for him even when rika starts to look like how he wants.

Dex-chan lover
This is the only trans manga I've seen that doesn't use a supernatural metaphor for the transition. There's no "I woke up and I had opposite genitals." It's great seeing a story that's directly about their feelings. Can anyone think of other examples like this?

Dex-chan lover
Bro I don't blame you at all, he/she is cute as hell.
I probably would be feeling the same in your shoes, just like many other people.
He. They're both guys. Satsuki is struggling with his feelings for Rika and his wanting to respect Rika's person. That simple.
Rika eventually has the chance to full-time present as male.

Users who are viewing this thread