Ai ga Omosugiru Cool Kyuuketsuki-chan - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
i'm pretty positive i remember reading somewhere that if all mosquitoes did die in the world nothing would change, but i could be wrong as hell
Most people who fantasize wiping-out mosquitos really only want to exterminate those species whose females drink blood. Most people to speak or write of wiping-out all mosquitos speak or write of wiping-out literally all mosquitos.

Mosquitos of any sort are pollinators (albeit not of food crops) and are prey of some predators (dragonflies, bats, birds). So flora and fauna would definitely be effected.

But, y'know, any change affects the eco-system. Only anti-humanists want the world to be as it would if humans were not here to affect it. Because the anti-humanist view is simply a religion, it has no felt need for a coherent explanation of why we should value such a situation; and we thus have no reason to accept that value.

Dex-chan lover
Most people who fantasize wiping-out mosquitos really only want to exterminate those species whose females drink blood. Most people to speak or write of wiping-out all mosquitos speak or write of wiping-out literally all mosquitos.

Mosquitos of any sort are pollinators (albeit not of food crops) and are prey of some predators (dragonflies, bats, birds). So flora and fauna would definitely be effected.

But, y'know, any change affects the eco-system. Only anti-humanists want the world to be as it would if humans were not here to affect it. Because the anti-humanist view is simply a religion, it has no felt need for a coherent explanation of why we should value such a situation; and we thus have no reason to accept that value.
I see thank you for the short biology lesson. I think you're right about that first statement, which is probably what I heard years ago, or I might be misattributing it to someone talking about the mosquitoes that infect people with malaria being the one where nothing of value would be lost.

Users who are viewing this thread