Aideen - Vol. 1 Ch. 31

Fed-Kun's army
@BlazeTheBlob Then I'm sorry for saying your translation is bad when it's the original that decided to use American terminology in a fantasy world.

why was I expectant of a squeaky-head Prince at the end and somewhat disapointed that there wasnt one?!😂 damn you Bored Corona Kids!!!😂

I binged the heck out of this and joined the discord too. The bald memes are always a great source of entertainment. But story wise, so far this one has been super fun. Can't wait for more!

As one of the best assassins, how did she not feel the presence of the prince or the absence of Jenna?? Well okay 🙄...
The prince was of course hot as ever tho

Thanks for another wonderful chapter!!♡ I do miss the bald memes tho lol

@Rolyat_101 just like what you said, HE IS A PRINCE a prince who is as smart and can hide like her like a spy aswell, and she knew Jenna went out but only for fresh air not to 'date'. I think you should reread chapters twice or thrice and put yourself on their shoes so you can understand the plot rather than making illogical assumptions/expectation.

You said:
just like what you said, HE IS A PRINCE a prince who is as smart and can hide like her like a spy aswell, and she knew Jenna went out but only for fresh air not to 'date'. I think you should reread chapters twice or thrice and put yourself on their shoes so you can understand the plot rather than making illogical assumptions/expectation.
@LumenMint Below isn't a spoiler, just wanted to condense my reply.
I did go back and reread the chapters and did misread/misunderstand some things and thank you for that: (1) In Ch 1, Aideen said she was the "Emperor's personal assassin" not the "Empire's best assassin"; (2) she did know that Jenna went out, but wondered how far she went so I was wrong for that part (but I never said she was outside on a date). But like you said in your comment, Diceon's a prince, NOT an assassin. Yes, he may have great skills from experience, but he wasn't specially trained to be an assassin from a young age like Aideen was. And actually, in Ch 15, Aideen was able to feel Jeldion's shadow eyes on them in her bedroom so she should be able to feel the prince's presence, so why couldn't she feel the prince's presence in this chapter? She also couldn't feel the presence of the 'bad guys' when they rescued the kid in Ch 22, but Diceon could?

To be honest, Aideen has been lacking in her "assassin" skills, let alone 'best assassin' skills. So far, Aideen hasn't really been able to feel people's presence (a common assassin/spy skill), but Jenna can, like when she felt the Jeldion's shadow eyes on them in their bedroom and warned Aideen about it in Ch 7. There's some other examples of Jenna warning Aideen of other people's presence before Aideen could feel them, but again that's weird cuz Aideen, as the Owl's leader, should have that ability as an assassin and as a leader of assassins.

Aideen has also admitted, herself, to making quite a few mistakes and has made a mistake in almost every chapter...but an assassin making that many mistakes wouldn't be a good assassin and would've probably already gotten discovered/caught...and she was...by Diceon in Ch 9/10. Some of her mistakes/contradictions examples:
(1) in Ch 9, she got needlessly distracted in the middle of the fight and got a visible hand scar which led Diceon to figure out her identity cuz she made another mistake in the bedroom; or
(2) in Ch 13 when she was blatantly staring at Diceon and was surprised when she got caught lol;
(3) starting in Ch 18, she portrays all her emotions on her face, especially to Diceon, and doesn't show the same restraint she's been keeping up AND should've been still upholding since she's an assassin and doesn't or shouldn’t fully trust him.

The point is, I've read other stories with undercover spies/assassins and haven't seen as many holes as I've seen here. So, yes, I do understand the plot, I was just pointing out the holes which was funny to me. I do enjoy the story, I just would've prefered the author to have paid more attention to details like that and be less contradicting. But there was no need for your aggression, I'm more than happy to have respectful conversations when our thoughts differ.

Dex-chan lover
@Rolyat_101
Yeah I think your right, the prince is obviously more like a knight than an assassin. The fmc is an assassinate but she's not the best more like she has a position that let's her get close to big targets.

Yeah she's not the best assassin ever more like she has a high ranking position and also kills.

The original really said plead the 5th? (Not doubting the translators!) If so thats kinda funny. Would Koreans typically know American amendments to get the joke?

@Darkmeep Yea I would agree too! Some princes do sword training so I think Diceon got more personal training to be an Ace for the king. And like I said before, I love both of their characters uwuu ♡ and was excited for a bad*ss female assassin character, like they showed in the first few characters...but the author kind of made Aideen a 'damsel in distress' and then made Aideen mess up so it would create these cute romantic scenes. Im not hating tho! I love those scenes too lol-- Just wanted consistency 🙃

Users who are viewing this thread