Aikagi-kun to Shiawase Gohan

@IdanaHamz to my knowledge it is uncommon in Japan for adults to live together when not being married or family members. Young adults often live with their parents until married or until they can afford an apartment of their own.

According to the Eleventh National Fertility Survey undertaken by NIPSSR in 1997, the proportions of never-married women aged 20-24, 25-29, 30-34 who were currently cohabiting with a non-married partner were only about 2.3, 1.0 and 1.5 percent respectively (NIPSSR, 1999).

About 80 to 85 percent of unmarried working women aged 20 to 34 stay at their parent’s home (Atoh, 1998).

Relatively low proportions of unmarried men and women report having ever cohabited, ranging from 3% in 1987 to 8% in 2005 (Kaneko et al. 2008).

29% of all households in Japan contain only one person, a level that is above the OECD average and higher than in countries like Australia, Canada, and the U.S. where living alone arguably has a longer history as a normative arrangement (OECD social indicators data base 2010). ... The fact that these trends in one-person households correspond closely to trends in age at first marriage (NIPSSR 2014) highlights the potential role of delayed marriage in explaining the increase in living alone. This is particularly important in a country like Japan, where the alternatives to marriage for young men and women are qualitatively different than in most Western societies. Of particular importance are the relatively low prevalence of non-marital cohabitation and the relatively high prevalence of coresidence with parents. ... It is clear, however, that age-specific proportions of unmarried men and women coresiding with parents have actually remained relatively stable over time (Fukuda 2009; Raymo, and Ono 2007) and that the trend toward later marriage is the primary reason for growth in the number of unmarried adults living with parents. (Ramyo 2015)

Hiro is a mood.
I get the same, like not hungry and not sure what to eat and then someone passes by with food and suddenly realizing that's what your craving for.

Reads like a self insert of a fujoshi who spent so much time drawing yaoi that she never got a relationship and is now so old and lonely she lusts for a younger dude who she can treat as both a husband and child to make up for the neither she has.

Contributor
Reads like a self insert of a fujoshi who spent so much time drawing yaoi that she never got a relationship and is now so old and lonely she lusts for a younger dude who she can treat as both a husband and child to make up for the neither she has.
lol

It's like Yakumo-san, but written for a female audience in mind (yes, I know it's a seinen tag, but this just doesn't feel like seinen to me). I like it, it's really cute. I can appreciate series where someone takes care of someone else, male or female.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for more wholesome content. bless your soul translators, I love every single one of you. I hope that shows my feelings toward this mini manga, it's great. we need moar

Fed-Kun's army
It's a monthly update, latest chapter was released on 27 oct. Next one gonna release on nov 26. Stay tuned

I really enjoy this manga, it’s just pleasant and calming. I also just enjoy the simplicity, they eat together and are happy and one day I hope to find people whose company I can enjoy while eating.

I wonder how expensive her grocery bills are... that dude might eat her out of house and home.

Two lonely people bond over food. Not necessarily overtly romantic, but its quaint.

Users who are viewing this thread