Aire - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

I hope where this goes is him just chopping one of her arms off as part of his escape plan but it I know it won't. hope she becomes less of a bitch as this goes on though and hopefully getting comeuppance for being such an ass.

Fed-Kun's army
By jove, you guys are giving her way too much credit. She treats Vera the way she does because her brother has shown her that no matter how proud a person is, they can be whittled down to nothing. The moment Vera gave up his pride and started following her brother's orders (licking the dropped wine) is when she realizes this truth and her sadistic character awakens (as seen by her evil grimace). She, too, takes pleasure in torturing proud people until they abandon their pride.

She doesn't carry romantic feelings toward Vera, she just enjoys hurting him because he's naïve and prideful, the perfect target. Heck, she's already treating him like a subhuman by stepping on his face after asserting dominance. The only thing she respects about him is his combat prowess. That you all are still giving her the benefit of the doubt at this point can only be a form of coping.

I'm personally quite interested to see where this will go, considering we don't get many asshole leads quite like this one.

Dex-chan lover
@Huichelaar that is quite observative but not entirely true. She does have some sort of feeling for him, i don't necessarily think it's romantic so much as respect.

You can see this in chapter two i think, where she chrnologically first meets Vera and even puts her hand on her heart when he looks at her.

At the same time she is indeed a sadist who wants to see the one she respects crawl. I don't think it is necessarily "the proud" as there are plenty of proud people here who she doesn't give a shit about. It could be "The proud and strong, of both body and mind" wich kinda means just Vera and that wizard dude who died on the first chapter i guess.

We truly don't see many leads, or even characters like this, so i do indeed wonder what she gon do

Aggregator gang
I'm starting to hate her, hope Vera can get proper freedom someday.

I love her. She's a nasty piece of work but, then again is it her fault she has to be that way? Her brother was going to be the human sacrifice (and would have just simply been killed off) and she was going to end up being sent to "god knows where" yes she'll be a "queen" there but, she'd still be under daddy's thumb. And clearly she has some issues with her mother (and the end result of whatever her and her husbands relationship is.. but clearly it didn't end well in Elda's eyes). However if she gets the treasure. She earns 100% right to rule. Literal mandate of Heaven and she becomes the absolute law of the land. That's one hell of a prize to be shooting for.

@
Lelouchezero that's why I got hooked, pal. These characters have lots of layers,they're not virtuous or wrecked souls, just people of grim fantasy being grim. I expect a lot of this worldbuild and lore.

Users who are viewing this thread