Aire - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
@Huichelaar We just simply don't have enough info to ascertain MC's character yet. She is indeed a sadist, but the requirements for this sadism is still unknown. All we know is that in the case of Vera, he has somehow fullfilled those requirements to be a victim of her sadism.

Excluding Vera, she has so far upheld a morally sound standard, atleast as sound as can be expected from a descendant of a clearly tyrannical ruling class.

To ask "Is she good or evil" is such a blanket meaningless question that you might as well not even think about it, and i love it because fiction is sadly prone to "either someone is good, or someone is evil" wich is an incredibly false portrayal of the human mind.

Ofc i could be wrong and she actually develops into literally Hitler in the next chapters, but i don't think that's prob gonna happen

Dex-chan lover
It's not that Elda's treatment of Vera is justified. It's not. It's that we've seen different layers to her and this journey apparently challenges her to do good, like the general this chapter tells her. She is not wicked through and through and not too far gone to do better. And I believe she may have reasons and self-justifications for some of the things she did. Like that potentially she thinks she is saving him alongside herself. Again doesn't excuse how she seemingly gets off on mentally and physically abusing him.

Fed-Kun's army
From the previous chapters, we've seen that Elda took up the role of Aire because she has a strong desire for her own freedom, which she attributes to having seen how her mother was treated as a political pawn, essentially a prisoner of the emperor.

The way she enjoys yanking Vera's chain is related. She values her own freedom as a matter of personal pride. Vera, however, is willing to sacrifice his own pride to keep his friends alive. He clearly wants his own freedom as well, but he's already sacrificed his pride for even the slightest chance to attain it.

As others have said, she's lost all respect for him as a person, so what's left is a desire to watch him struggle in vain.

Man her sensei be spitting some truth telling her to not always rely on Vera. But damn Vera is a pretty good protagonist. It's refreshing seeing a different protagonist like him

Dex-chan lover
so shes never actually gonna wear the cover outfit? thats disappointing

@Blakeleeapril how is a black haired edgy boy that wins every fight "different" ?

Users who are viewing this thread