Aiseki Ii desu ka? - Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - True Feelings

Dex-chan lover
lol i prolly would've also left at first or so if not directly invited, or be like "Well, if you pay" tho i'm not great at making conversation either

But other than a group setting i imagine most ppl don't wanna eat/drink with a 'boss' one on one (I know it's more part of the office culture/drinking culture too tho even if it worked out in this case, as long as they aren't too cruel about it, I don't think it's a bad thing to set a 'boundary' and say something like "I'd prefer to keep my work life and private life separate", but i'd be more willing if it was someone of the same gender for one on one so coworkers don't get the wrong idea [tho a yuri would be cute but doesn't have this genre, but i wouldn't mind seeing a gl title from this same mangaka])

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't be one to drink with my coworkers/boss either (I don't really drink to begin with but you get it), even if I like them. I already gotta spend 8 hours a day with you heathens and that is more than enough.

Thank you for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't be one to drink with my coworkers/boss either (I don't really drink to begin with but you get it), even if I like them. I already gotta spend 8 hours a day with you heathens and that is more than enough.

Thank you for the translation.
i think a lot of westerners? are probably like that, other than like 'events' like work picnics/catered parties that are normally during lunchtime or so but it's basically a 'thing' in japan and korea to where you're obligated to drink with your boss/coworkers, although idk how much you could get away with just eating if you're like "oh my family has alcoholism in our genetics/history/I have a kid" because it feels like getting even tipsy/buzzed around the ppl you work with would backfire on you. Or just like catch your boss acting drunk and film a vid and show it online lol but that's a whole nother story (plus as a woman unfortunately unless you have someone watching your back you have to always be on guard XP)

and i dont think society would rly change overnight if you threaten to sue them for power harassment in like drinking parties or like overtime issues since 'black company' is a term i assume originated in japan even though there's probably similar working situations like that in other countries

Dex-chan lover
i think a lot of westerners? are probably like that, other than like 'events' like work picnics/catered parties that are normally during lunchtime or so but it's basically a 'thing' in japan and korea to where you're obligated to drink with your boss/coworkers, although idk how much you could get away with just eating if you're like "oh my family has alcoholism in our genetics/history/I have a kid" because it feels like getting even tipsy/buzzed around the ppl you work with would backfire on you. Or just like catch your boss acting drunk and film a vid and show it online lol but that's a whole nother story (plus as a woman unfortunately unless you have someone watching your back you have to always be on guard XP)

and i dont think society would rly change overnight if you threaten to sue them for power harassment in like drinking parties or like overtime issues since 'black company' is a term i assume originated in japan even though there's probably similar working situations like that in other countries
Pretty much. I feel for Japanese workers sometimes in this regard. The environment and cultural expectations placed on them don't make it easy to simply refuse post-work drinking with bosses/subordinates (unless you have something really urgent like a family emergency or something to attend to).

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much. I feel for Japanese workers sometimes in this regard. The environment and cultural expectations placed on them don't make it easy to simply refuse post-work drinking with bosses/subordinates (unless you have something really urgent like a family emergency or something to attend to).
honestly i'm surprised more ppl don't passive aggressively be like "maybe we should ask your wife to join us too" (unless bosses stay single for that kinda reason) (or just keep pouring him drinks and ordering some cheap/low alcohol ones but also ordering the most expensive food and putting it on their tab. Wonder how much of a 'business expense' ppl can write off, i wouldn't be surprised if it was some kinda excuse to dine on the company's tab or so). Or like bring like your newborn baby and just straight up put them in a superior's arms or so but i imagine that'd be considered inappropriate to do unless you're also like married into the business as well

tho i do remember some kdrama where they had scene where they were drinking and one of the main girls was basically telling ppl off about what annoyed her about everyone else and such lol

Users who are viewing this thread