Aishuu Lava - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
The theory that she's a good person who simply lost control of her powers has somehow haphazardly become more cemented as truth. Hooray I guess, lol.

Dex-chan lover
You know, then being childhood friends kinda change the dynamic... so it's not a prisoner and guard falling in love, but lovers deciding to enjoy prison together.

The theory that she's a good person who simply lost control of her powers has somehow haphazardly become more cemented as truth. Hooray I guess, lol.
I mean, they kinda made it obvious early on that she was probably in for not controlling her powers. And it was already implied in Ch.5

Dex-chan lover
You know, then being childhood friends kinda change the dynamic... so it's not a prisoner and guard falling in love, but lovers deciding to enjoy prison together.

I mean, they kinda made it obvious early on that she was probably in for not controlling her powers.
Good point for your first statement, fair enough for your second

Dex-chan lover
I mean, they kinda made it obvious early on that she was probably in for not controlling her powers. And it was already implied in Ch.5
We still haven't seen exactly what happened. All we know at this point is that Lava was present and wound up being blamed.

That childhood friends reveal has kinda ruined it for me, I preferred whole she really likes him but is a prisoner and he a guard story. A violent super villain falling for a guard and that guard falling for her sounds more romantic for me, I will probably still read it for I don’t think it’s a bad story, I just would have preferred the story I read in the description before clicking. The description as I am reading is “shu ono, a guard at the prison, somehow fell in love with the strongest female prisoner lava! A crazy love comedy about forbidden relationship”. Last note the fact that her name sounds like lover as done in the beginning fells less impactful, now since she’s heard it since childhood.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That childhood friends reveal has kinda ruined it for me, I preferred whole she really likes him but is a prisoner and he a guard story. A violent super villain falling for a guard and that guard falling for her sounds more romantic for me, I will probably still read it for I don’t think it’s a bad story, I just would have preferred the story I read in the description before clicking. The description as I am reading is “shu ono, a guard at the prison, somehow fell in love with the strongest female prisoner lava! A crazy love comedy about forbidden relationship”. Last note the fact that her name sounds like lover as done in the beginning fells less impactful, now since she’s heard it since childhood.
Honestly, rather than ruining it... I feel it'd have been better if the author was straight forward from the start.

We shouldn't have to wait to learn basic info that both characters should already know...

It's fine if their relationship dynamic changes.... but not due to information we didn't know suddenly being revealed to us....

Dex-chan lover
This translation has a lot of problems keeping its pronouns straight. This chapter has Lava referred to as "him" and that's not the first time. In previous chapters there was a gender neutral "it" that I thought was perhaps intentional as if the guards are treating prisoners as inhuman things to demonstrate a level of bigotry or dehumanization or something but instead it just seems like the translator is having trouble keeping the terms straight (perhaps not someone that speaks English natively? Or the fault of heavy use of MTL?)

I'm still enjoying it but it's awkward at times.

Users who are viewing this thread