Aitsu no Kanojo - Ch. 38 - Nighttime Companion

Dex-chan lover
Clearly, the MC's best friend likes the girl as well.
There are some hints he might be into the MC instead and that makes the situation bizarre. I'm still reading this because this whole mystery of Takt being in the closet or not is entertaining enough.

Dex-chan lover
God, this plot with the manager is way too stupid, as it is the worst fucking idea to drug and rape someone who knows who you are and how to get ya. It's kind of the point why this shit (awful deranged and a rightfully condemned crime) happens on dates, like date rape. Fucking logic author? Do you know about it? Damn this is horrible and stupid.

Dex-chan lover
People like that tend to think they can get away with a lot of things until they find out the consequences of their actions
He's probably already gotten away with it before. Before 2023 it would have been much easier to do because violence or intimidation were considered a requirement for it to be considered non-consentual.

Often the embarrassment of "what will others think of me" and the "I don't want to cause trouble for my family" stopped people from reporting. "I'm to blame because I put myself in that situation" is common thinking. Also, the legal system usually didn't do shit about it.

(2018 article)

Japan's Not-So-Secret Shame

Over 95 percent of incidents of sexual violence in Japan are not reported to the police according to government figures, and for good reason. Discussing rape is perceived as "embarrassing" in Japan and public opinion often sways towards blaming the victim rather than the attacker.

The law still permits rape charges to be raised only when "violence or intimidation" was used, except in cases of guardians abusing children. This requirement ignores the fact that rape often occurs without the use of obvious force or threat - for example, when someone is too afraid or shocked to resist, is incapacitated due to drugs or alcohol, or there is a lopsided power dynamic. Requiring proof of "violence or intimidation" excludes many cases that should be treated as rape and forces prosecutors to prove an element that should not be required and is more difficult to prove than lack of consent.

(2023 article)

Fortunately this "requiring physical violence to be considered rape" was changed in 2023. And the blackmail trope of threatening to spread sexual/embarrassing images is (only now, apparently) also illegal at the national level as opposed to only by local laws.

What you need to know about the revision to Japan's sex crime law

Use of violence, intimidation, alcohol, drugs, or economic or social status are among the factors that will be considered when determining whether an act is consensual. Cases in which a victim has a mental or physical disorder can also be deemed nonconsensual.

New crimes will also be established to punish the act of secretly photographing or filming a person’s sexual anatomy, as well as providing such photos or videos to a third person, with perpetrators of either subject to imprisonment of up to three years or needing to pay at least ¥3 million ($21,170) in damages.

Those who distribute such photos or videos to a large number of unspecified people will have to serve a prison sentence of up to five years or face a maximum fine of ¥5 million.

What were the driving forces behind this legislative change?

In Japan, about 95% of victims never report their sexual assault to the police, and almost 60% never tell anyone about it, according to a 2020 government survey. Among the female respondents, nearly 50% cited feeling “too embarrassed,” and about 30% believed that they could manage by simply enduring the consequences, which led them to refrain from seeking help. These findings shed light on the prevailing stigma around sexual violence in the country.

After a series of not guilty verdicts in rape cases caused public outrage in 2019, the government proposed revising the Penal Code.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So he just thinks that he’s going to get away with it if he succeeds? I don’t understand the thought process at all.
See the think with how this type of NTR works is like this: drugs the victim, rapes her, takes video and pictures, threatens he will tell her bf/release them online, continues to rape her uninterrupted, eventually she develops Stockholm syndrome actually loving the fucking/rape, she starts being degenerate with the sex, eventually rapist sends stuff to bf which the girl will happily agree with, bf cries while jerking off to his gf getting railed (now willingly) by another man.

That's literally the type of NTR that's going to take place here. I expect that the author will go forward with it as this is not a wholesome series to begin with. If she gets raped, I will stop reading altogether. I was tolerating the Netori aspect of this manga but to switch to Netorare??? Fuck this shit and fuck this author...

Dex-chan lover
Also is it just me or did she ACTUALLY enjoy the advances of this guy. She clearly said "this guy is looking at me in a, way that my the other two never did", "is it okay to go with him"..

This girl is clearly flattered or even downright interested in the rapist right? In fact it feels like raping her is pointless, he can just seduce her normally without any rape and she will submit and go with him. Am I not reading this right?

Dex-chan lover
z6H2cB8.png
Sauce?

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaand dropped. Another manga ruined by japans rape obsession.
Wait.. So you mean to say you genuinely enjoyed it before and it wasn't "ruined" meaning it had some sort of quality ? 😲

And here I was thinking everyone is simply hate-reading this radioactive dumpsterfire, because they want to know what's actually up or why anything happens at all in here 🫡

Users who are viewing this thread