Akanabe-sensei Doesn't Know about Embarrassment - Ch. 13 - Sensei and Parent-Teacher Interview

Supporter
No, I prefer that I can read the damn chapter..
I hope you can realize that this sort of thinking will result in a race to the bottom. Scanlators are humans with their own feelings and personal motivations. Because the first release to be put out is usually the most read and the most disseminated version, if poor quality sniping becomes commonplace and accepted, those scanlators who take the small amount of extra time to put out quality translations and editing will inevitably stop putting as much (or any) effort into their work. Not to mention that snipers aren't usually the most persistent when it comes to consistently putting out releases so even release schedules will become more inconsistent compared to those who put pride (and their own group name, unlike those anonymous groups) into their work.

It's not like the original scanlators for this series was MIA. They had just put out a chapter a week ago, so really, why is this other group releasing a chapter now? The only reason I can think of for them to quickly put out a low quality release is to troll the original group, which isn't good for anyone.

Double-page supporter
If it makes you feel better, just from quickly glancing at it I can tell that yours has better quality since you can see watermarks on the pages, they can't redraw really well as seen on pg. 7 & saw a spelling error in the chapter. Regardless, people that usually snipe don't last long & others will probably wait for your translated version. Hope my comment makes you feel better & sorry that you got sniped when you are consistently working on it.
Yeah im waiting for the current group. Not gonna read the snipe.

Dex-chan lover
Na son you didn't went and show your mom the secret boner on command technique, it is supposed to be secret!

Dex-chan lover
I hope you can realize that this sort of thinking will result in a race to the bottom. Scanlators are humans with their own feelings and personal motivations. Because the first release to be put out is usually the most read and the most disseminated version, if poor quality sniping becomes commonplace and accepted, those scanlators who take the small amount of extra time to put out quality translations and editing will inevitably stop putting as much (or any) effort into their work. Not to mention that snipers aren't usually the most persistent when it comes to consistently putting out releases so even release schedules will become more inconsistent compared to those who put pride (and their own group name, unlike those anonymous groups) into their work.

It's not like the original scanlators for this series was MIA. They had just put out a chapter a week ago, so really, why is this other group releasing a chapter now? The only reason I can think of for them to quickly put out a low quality release is to troll the original group, which isn't good for anyone.
Well.. I see. That makes sense. I was talking about groups that practically abandon the project or drop a chapter every two months…

Users who are viewing this thread