Akanabe-sensei wa Tereshirazu - Vol. 5 Ch. 56 - Sensei and favorability check

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 22, 2025
Messages
533
Edit: I see my mistake

My Guess is that toru will let this series dust in for another month before posting an update, just like the other updates, while its already 20 chapters behind.
Honestly wouldnt mind if toru would "allow" the sniper to carry on, might relief some burden and allow faster updates, the quality ain't bad imo.
 
Last edited:
Supporter
Joined
Jan 28, 2023
Messages
361
My Guess is that toru will let this series dust in for another month before posting an update, just like the other updates, while its already 20 chapters behind.
Honestly wouldnt mind if toru would "allow" the sniper to carry on, might relief some burden and allow faster updates, the quality ain't bad imo.
Bruh, our last update prior to the sniper was just 7 days earlier.

the quality ain't bad imo.
They couldn't even get her editor's name right. And the pronunciation of her name is provided in the raws every time it is used. This group's TL doesn't even read simple Japanese. And the title for ch 54? The teacher oversleeps? And they don't clean or translate the SFX.

I do have other series I work on. So does everyone involved on the ToruScans side. I'm not gonna suggest we're going to maintain this pace, but we have no intention of stepping aside for a TL group that can't get really simple things correct. Christ on a cracker, just because they didn't use Times New Roman and absolutely broken English, doesn't mean the quality isn't bad in other ways.
 
Group Leader
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
324
I do have other series I work on. So does everyone involved on the ToruScans side. I'm not gonna suggest we're going to maintain this pace, but we have no intention of stepping aside for a TL group that can't get really simple things correct. Christ on a cracker, just because they didn't use Times New Roman and absolutely broken English, doesn't mean the quality isn't bad in other ways.
I'm pissed every time people think, "I guess I can still read it" as a sign of a good TL. Like come on people, have some standard and media literacy, please.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 22, 2025
Messages
533
Bruh, our last update prior to the sniper was just 7 days earlier.


They couldn't even get her editor's name right. And the pronunciation of her name is provided in the raws every time it is used. This group's TL doesn't even read simple Japanese. And the title for ch 54? The teacher oversleeps? And they don't clean or translate the SFX.

I do have other series I work on. So does everyone involved on the ToruScans side. I'm not gonna suggest we're going to maintain this pace, but we have no intention of stepping aside for a TL group that can't get really simple things correct. Christ on a cracker, just because they didn't use Times New Roman and absolutely broken English, doesn't mean the quality isn't bad in other ways.
Guess I devolved to a slop reader not being able to differentiate the good and bad... sorry for getting on your nerves with that.:fml:
 
Supporter
Joined
Jan 28, 2023
Messages
361
Guess I devolved to a slop reader not being able to differentiate the good and bad... sorry for getting on your nerves with that.:fml:
It's all good. Fundamentally, I do agree with @benderboyboy 's remarks, though, that a lot of people take a "good enough" approach to these things. And the issue here is that the sniper's use of AI/MTL gives their work a veneer of quality that isn't supported by the fundamentals. Their typesetting isn't perfect, but it's good enough. Their English isn't perfect, but is definitely good enough. But the underlying translation is perhaps never going to be good enough if they don't understand even simple Japanese.

There are quite a lot of situations that arise in Manga that MTL has a really hard time with. For example, Kanji with yomigana where the yomigana differs from expected. This happens a lot with names/places where the kanji can have a lot of different readings, but it can also be used by an author to add another dimension to the writing. E.g. They describe someone using 可愛い (cute) with yomigana of こわい (scary). Sometimes authors will intentionally misspell things to show a character is mispronouncing them to make them sound drunk. Or sometimes a common idiom is altered to subtly change the meaning. Or a seemingly weird choice of words is used because it is referencing something outside the story (real world event, famous myth/fairy tale, etc.)

These are the sorts of things where a proficient translator will pick up on it better than an LLM.

I don't blame you or any other readers for falling for some of these slop scanlations, but I do blame the purveyors. And things like the ch 54 title error or the editor's name error in ch 55 were pointed out in the comments of those chapters and they have never gone back to make corrections. In fact, they haven't seemed to respond to anything at all.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
321
did you use AI to translate the chapter name.. TF is a "favorability check"
I'm going to spam the report button on your TL and pray it does something
 
Supporter
Joined
Jan 28, 2023
Messages
361
did you use AI to translate the chapter name.. TF is a "favorability check"
I'm going to spam the report button on your TL and pray it does something
Pretty confident it is AI from start to finish -- with the possible exception of typesetting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top