Akatsuki no Yona - Ch. 255 - What was it we last talked about?

Dex-chan lover
So, according to Zeno, in order to break the Crimson Dragon King and the Four Dragons cycle, one must first use the chalice to absorb white, blue, and green dragons essence/soul. Then use the shield of the Crimson Dragon King to open the path to his resting place and take his sword and use said sword to pierce the yellow dragon and let his blood fill the chalice (in which his essence would also now lie). All of which must be done within day or at least before dawn rises, otherwise it'll apparently fail (probably since the other dragon's essences would escape and either return to human form or reincarnate in new individuals.

With that said, I don't think Zeno's plan would work (at least not to what he expects), mostly since The Crimson Dragon, Yona, still lives. Now before Yona's birth, this ritual might work, since the Crimson Dragon's spirit hadn't reincarnated yet, and completing the ritual would mean that all of the Dragon spirits would return to the heavens, and the cycle would truly end. Now I know Zeno just said that Yona and the Crimson Dragon King are two different individuals, however I don't think that matters much since she still carries the soul, and we've seen throughout the series that Yona's soul is reactive force for the Four Dragons (they can sense each other, and when Yona's in danger, their strength greatly increases in response to save her).

So, since Yona's still alive, I wouldn't be surprise that Zeno will rapidly heal (since he's close to the castle, his healing speed increases), and of course he'll be confused before coming to the realization that he has to kill Yona before he can end the cycle, and that will lead to his confrontation with Hak that Yona had dreamt about.

With all that said, this was definitely a heart wrenching chapter, and I kept hoping that near the end that someone will grab Zeno before he stabbed himself. Also, glad to see that Lili's doing well. Her interaction with Zeno was a brief and blissful moment. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda lowkey ship zeno with "water tribe miss". Since reincarnation is a thing, she could be one of his previous wife?

What if the requirement was for the crimson dragon king to kill zeno? I mean, it was him who pointed it to zeno... so zeno might revive again?

Tho at this point I'm torn between wanting him to still live or be finally at peace, reunited with the other dragons in the afterlife... Please give us a happy and not a bittersweet ending 😭

Thank you for the translation. This was sad and well done, we still are able to relate to Zeno and grieve for our other dragons. It makes it a complex telling of an ending of wishing and hoping but knowing that not everything will wrap up in a pretty bow.

Dex-chan lover
Really curious with how the ending of this manga will be, with how they keep saying the dragons are not needed. I also feel like the dragons just bring sadness and it’s so weird how people related to them (either from having the dragon soul or just from becoming their descendants) will have a short life.

Dex-chan lover
Nooooo, now we have to wait a month at least for the next chapter! 😭😭😭😭
I don’t know what I want for Xeno, the rest he wishes for or for all our dragons to reunite.

Aggregator gang
I'm going to harbor a guess and say the Sword and Shield are actual people just like the dragons, and that Soo-Won is the Sword while Hak is the Shield.

Now let's take a step further and say the dragons will return to the heavens, or at least their blood will. Without said blood, I guess the said dragon warriors will just be humans passed out on the floor of the mausoleum when Yona, the Red Dragon, returns at dawn.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I would rate Zeno's recipe for Dragon Essence a 2/10 - it's too complicated and seems prone to fail.

Lol, in all seriousness, it feels like there is something off in Zeno's interpretation of the Dragon's words. I don't doubt that he's correct when he says this is the only way for him to die, but I don't think that's the true purpose for this. I get the vague feeling that the original intent was for the Red Dragon to actually be revived as a dragon.

But that's just me, and with how muddled my brain is right now, I'm probably far off the mark. Never mind Yona's premonition, I feel like Zeno is misunderstanding something.

Dex-chan lover
I should have wait for more chapters and read it in bulks so I wont get cliff hanged. But I want to read despite being sooo heartbroken and cliff hanged 😭

Dex-chan lover
Ah I knew he knew how to end his life, but my golly :c
Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread