Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 16 Ch. 90 - The Object of Rage

I just want to know what Yona's father did to deserve his death is that too much to ask?

Dex-chan lover
tl;dr The king deserves death, but it was not the solution

@nv17 Imagine a nation under grave danger but the leader turns a blind eye and pretends that everything's okay. Imagine people under oppression but the leader leisurely lives undisturbed in his/her home. Imagine a nation impoverished and under the influence of foreign powers but the leader does not use his/her power to protects its people.

Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. In real life those reasons are enough for impeachment.

I side with Soo-Won in the sense that he wanted change the kingdom into something better. However, I disagree that he had to kill the king. In order to overthrow a governing body, revolution, coup, rebellion, or challenging the king to yield are better ways than dirty tricks like assassination. The easiest way was to marry Yona, become King, show Yona and Hak the conflicts that have been happening and then solve them. (Like they're doing now). Less bloodshed, right?

Really long read, huh? Well, I like this manga and I appreciate the concepts behind them which are relevant in today's society.

Dex-chan lover
Ao is so unperturbed even when Yona yells or fires arrows at the enemy lol. Be like Ao.

Also, Soo-won tryna act cool by acting as Yona's shield? bleh. Zeno already had her, it's enough, mouuu. In the end, Soo-won didn't contribute any help since Joo-Do was there. Ugh so frustrating acting like Yona's prince all over again.

Ahhhhh these chapters are just so heart-wrenching. I mean look at Joo-doh, even if he decided to serve Soo-won, he was still around Yona from the time she was a child, protecting her and watching her grow up. Even if he accepted Soo-won, he didn't hate Yona and was hoping she was alive somewhere. Same with Soo-won, even if his methods are wrong and he is a traitor to them both, he doesn't want them to die, he wants them to live. But he is a traitor, he betrayed them both so the only thing he can do is wish for their safety. Even in this chapter, he was concerned about Yona's injury. You can't tell me that everything, from the time they were young till they grow up was just an act. He loved them both, still does but he betrayed them both too.
On that note, the one I feel most sad and broken for is Hak, putting Yona aside, he trusted Soo-won with everything, he admired him, he wanted to be someone worthy of being called his friend, he wanted to be his right hand, he wanted to protect the country he would rule over. Heck, he trusted him so much that he gave up wanting to be with Yona. For all that to be crumbled in one night. I cant even imagine

Fed-Kun's army
It’s already so angsty with the main trio. Soo won trusting in thunder beast’s abilities, then stepping in to shield Zeno and yona. Then we hear Joo doh’s thoughts and realise Soo won’s decision hurt so many more people and fractured other relationships too…
but ngl it’s low key funny seeing people shield Zeno when he’s way more OP

Users who are viewing this thread