Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 34 Ch. 195 - The Last Wish

yuhons way greyer of a character than i expected, thats real enjoyable-- wonder whats behind kashis murder tho..... its very suspicious that she died on the way to her in-laws residence so it was probably planned; either by yuhon or someone wanting to frame him/his wife. thusss il killed yuhon as revenge.....probably

Dex-chan lover
Gosh. I'm feeling sooooo..... Disoriented lol Yu hon had good reasons but he seems a little, umm obsessed and out of his mind although Yona's dad also had the same bearings. Like... Goodness
Many thanks

i like how both yuhon and il turned out to be flawed characters. their development beyond "yuhon was a war-monger and il was a weak pacifist" is pretty good. i think this arc was a lot better than some of the previous arcs too.

plus it's interesting that we get to see a viewpoint that looks down on the crimson dragon king mythos (before we had people who honored it aka the dragons and also freaks who were obsessed with it aka the priest and il's faction). what did yon-hi and her entire line even do to deserve that curse? the fact that the dragon vessels exist on earth only to protect the dragon king's reincarnation and that they don't give a fig about his descendants at all sure is.... Something. i wonder if the author will actually do anything with that plot point or if she'll just go back to hak and yona's relationship again for the millionth time

unfortunate that we didn't get to see more of kashi and il's relationship, and more of kashi as a character, tho ig it's because this is all from yon-hi's POV

Power Uploader
I knew it… interesting as this flashback is, it's impossible that we can find the truth behind both murders from Yon-hi's point of view. Yu-hon wouldn't tell her if he was planning Kashi's death, much less Il that he was planning his. All this whole story tells us is how much of a nutjob Yu-hon was, how much Il knew in advance and a general idea of what led to the sequence of events that started the story. But we will be in the dark until the true culprit of one of the murders shows up and admits to it. My guess is that Soo-won's swordmaster, Hyoo-ri, killed Kashi and that will eventually come to light. I have no clue who killed Yu-hon.

By the way, to think that this all started with a maid with a super-memory and loose tongue!

And if the reason Yona wasn't in the carriage was that Kashi knew the future, why did she go? I know she was unable to see her own future, but surely if she saw danger ahead for Yona, didn't she see it could extend to herself?

So my guess on why Yu hon was killed was because of that last part about hating the crimson dragon and protecting his precious things, he probably tried to kill Yona as she is related to the dragon. He probably also planned Kashi death too as she is also a reason he lost the crown

Man, I've been waiting years for this backstory. I knew it wasn't as simple as it seemed at first.

This is one of the best damn mangas I've ever read, and a primary reason why stupid labels like "shoujo" and "shounen" shouldn't even matter.

Yu hon's might be the one behind kashi's murder. He is a noble person but even the noblest person can be twisted 🤔

So he still went crazy about protecting her from the crimson dragon curse. Which I imagine is why he was killed in the end because he did some line crossing shit again. I'm still suspecting that he had Kashi arranged to be murdered based on his anger in the end of this chapter. And now I'm wondering if he attempted to do the same to Yona before his death.

Its dark😭 i miss the present yona and hak😭

Everyone seem to be spiculate that lord yu hon is the one behind kashi murder, i wonder why.. I still cant understand

Cus i think yu hon still love his brother:(

I’m honestly happy yona is knowing all of this... if she was able to find this diary thing, wouldn’t that mean suwon also knows?

It'll be pathetic if Yu Hon was the one who's behind Kashi's death because he wanted to kill Yona or something then Suwon wanted to kill Yona's father knowing this, will be even more pathetic... they are a goddamn parasite.

but we'll see what's actually going on.

Dex-chan lover
Presumably bc he's actually the one who killed yona's mum??? This arc is so hard to handle, I dread to think how Yona will feel after this.

Also doesn't this make them trying to kill her in the very beginning even worse? They would've effectively ended the entire royal line once soowon's illness manifested enough.

I understand hating the curse given to his mother's family but the way his dad went about it was so unnecessarily violent, brutal and destructive. Surely there were other ways to get privacy and less reverence, I don't think I'd have forgiven him.

Well, thanks for this chapter. This arc really broke my heart, I feel so sad for kashi and yon-hi. I think Yu-hon kill kashi, because he knows she one of the priests. And since he hate Hiryu, because of the curse, he want to destroy everything related to the crimson king. I believe, Kashi don't came with yona , because she have seen the futur, if her daugther had come with her. But she can't see her own future, so maybe she thought everything would be fine, if she come alone. I'm pretty sure Yu-hon want to kill Yona, since he knows she the reincarnation of Hiryu. And maybe he thinking if he kill her, the illness of Yon-hi going to disappear. Specially, since the ilness start when yon-hi meet Yona and Learn about her identity. (Sorry if my english, is bad, it's not my native langage.)

Users who are viewing this thread