Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 34 Ch. 198 - Member of the Royal Family

Group Leader
@unnaturalsolace honestly that part was understandable in both translations--the thing is the dialogue before it is confusing since him going "what did you say?!" in reaction to her words doesn't really make him suspicious?? i dont get it

Dex-chan lover
Forced to return to the capital, trapped as a princess. That advisor probably thought it would all play out like that, when now Yona is basically taking every advantage she has and showing her worth.

@Ciel His reaction gives him away. If he really was unaware about the situation, he wouldn't have been so shocked/outraged at all of their merchants being arrested for their misdeeds. To sum it up, the conversation is basically Yona saying "your soldiers have been doing a lot of bad shit" and the other guy goes "uhhh I got no idea what you're talking about" then Yona says "it's cool, we already arrested everyone involved" and he goes "WHAT???". Basically revealing that he already knew all that bad stuff was happening, but not that Yona's crew had put a stop to it.

"where they met Jae-ha. Yona's courage test to prove herself useful to Ki-gan was to pick some of it on a perilous cliff;"

Ah, that herb! Didn't recall the name for it. Arigatou!

Thank you for the quick update, you guys are the best!

Kusanagi is finally giving Yona her fashion moment! As a fan of traditional ancient clothes I'm excited to see the princess flaunting her royal wardrobe! More importantly the meeting with Kai's emissaries is a chance to show off what Yona learnt from her experience. I miss Hak, but I believe this is the moment when Yona and Yona alone must hold her head high and prove how a woman is worth not only like a man, but like a king.

Side note: I'm still waiting for a proper conversation between Yona and Suwon. Since the crimson ilness was introduced, their interactions were limited to elusive glances and I want them to have a confrontation, not just stand up next to each other. I wish they will eventually find a cure for Suwon, the senjuuso reference gives me hope. I want him to come back full-strenght in the next arc, the trio's story is what carries the manga and it's currently stuck. Also I need to see Suwon's smile, I never get enough !

The whole post-Xing arc has ruined the happy division of roles they were developing: Soo-won does the capital kingship stuff, Yona runs around as "princess at large" solving problems. I miss an alternate universe where Soo sends her food and travel money.

read both the translation HAHAHAH it just helps absorbing understanding all the events in the update

i kinda want to see the panel where yona entered the room wearing royalty(?) clothes, colored

@Ciel
Southern Kai was behind all the crap Kouka was going through, in Awa, in Sensui, in Suiko. Kai denying means that it wasn't an official disclosure, nor an offer from them on the table for "make believe diplomacy", that "yes, we've heard, and we'll try to curb the Kai traitors so that both our countries can prosper.".
Instead, they denied, believing they still had the upper hand and that they are still making underhanded money, and gaining underhanded control of Kouka's territories.
But because Yona mentions that, oh, FYI, we stopped all the shit you were doing to Kouka + we have some prisoners, meant Kai lost out on their black market profits + have the risk of tattle tales.

See also Kendama's comment on pg 2 in the other translation discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread