Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 35 Ch. 201 - Gloom

@Dulkia If I knew my language skills are that bad I would never become a translator even if I work for free. You got no shame, try unpaid internships/jobs before nagging

Dex-chan lover
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
I love them so much. These nerds, is2g.

@AnnaLele I see now that me calling you ungrateful was spot on. As I said before, go wait the other scan then.

I think there is a small misunderstanding as I'm not part of the group that translated this but they made an effort and it' should be appreciated. Moreover, it's supposed to be a fan-translation. Something done for fun, because they want. Of course, it could be better but so could be your attitude.

Also, the translator maybe doesn't speak English as first language, but hey! Sharing is caring. But you don't care, huh. If you're soooooooooo annoyed by the translation, you can always pick up Japanese and go read the original!!! But I'm sure you will still complaint about some other thing so...

I translated a chapter of a manga years ago. Just one. Translating, cleaning, editing, typesetting and proofreading all by myself. And let me tell you; it's a lot of work. You should try it. Maybe then you would learn to appreciate the effort instead of bitching about things.

@Dulkia you do an unpaid job, r you going to do a half-assed job? Bc if you do, your lazy attitude backs fire on you later on. The same thing goes for translation, 80% of all translation groups respect their job and the rest do it for fun, and I have a problem with that. Who would want to purchase a manga volume if some random translation group did sloppy work? It ruins the FK mood. I guess you are a lazy person and always choose an easy way out in life. Like all losers.

the ship has definitely saileeed!!! yaaaaazzzz! hak no longer doubts yona's feelings for him! IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!

the ship has definitely saileeed!!! yaaaaazzzz! hak no longer doubts yona's feelings for him! IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!

@Kendama I can see where the metaphor would be really weird for people who don't compartmentalize/repress things/I forget the name but a type of cognitive technique where you mentally "put thoughts/emotions things in boxes" to examine later when no longer in the situation (Usually in private) so you don't have a panic attack or whatever, understand what the current situation is more clearly, and understand the reason for the emotions more clearly when you unpack them. ETS uses what is already an uncommon metaphor combined with bad grammar.

Power Uploader
@kiwisocks As I said, I don't read the chapters in English, but I didn't see a grammar mistake in the passage the other guy quoted. Are you sure you don't mean flow or style, instead of grammar?

@kendama Huh, I was 90% sure "put that box up first place" was bad grammar because of the 'up' should be 'in' or 'up in', but at least all of the machine sites I checked don't see a problem. Yeah, flow. It also might be one of those 'unwritten rules' like the order you put adjectives in.

Group Leader
I want to MURDER Advisor Kei-SUCK! MURDER!!!!!🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪

Power Uploader
@kiwisocks "First place" is working as an adverb there. "In" is unnecessary. It could be just "up first", but "place" is added to emphasise priority. Without it, "first" could imply just precedence of action.

I've seen similar structures often while reading. I guess what falls within the limits of the acceptable is higly personal and depends on the catalogue of familiar structures one has in the mind.

I'm saying that as an amateur translator… before you criticise what someone else has made, and especially if you have no means of ascertaining what the original version had, make sure of your assertions. 90% isn't enough. Otherwise, in addition to being wrong, you'll also come across as rude. Just because you're unfamiliar with something, it doesn't mean said thing is wrong or improper. It just means it falls without the range of your experience… which may be broad or narrow depending on the life you've led so far.

I don't get why some people are shitting on Hak so much for losing, when:
1) Hyoori has been established as on par if not stronger than Hak before, by Hak himself
2) Hak is in a severe power (like, position power not physical power) disadvantage in the castle grounds. Even if he wins, then what? Hyoori wouldn't go down without a fierce fight, and it would attract lots of attention too, which would put him in a pretty sticky situation.

So maybe he judged that it would be easier to just get captured. Tbh I'm not even sure if Hyoori has the authority to kill immediately, so maybe he was captured for further questioning instead of being killed immediately.

Yes, Hak's power is significantly reduced within the castle's grounds. Well, the whole HHB's range of movement too. And tbh, I don't think that's a necessarily bad thing. They've been trying to find more wiggle room (Yona, especially) and I think that's an interesting thing on its own. Well of course this is all just my own opinion, I just thought to give a few thoughts abt the current arc and some of the comments I've found.

Love the Hak being smart and the ending bit of Hakyona! Thanks for the translation, though I think the ending two paragraphs by the translating team was very unnecessary.

I understand that you guys are unhappy, saying things like “from the undefeatable, invincible male guarding princess yona to being saved by plot armor.” If he fought back, that would give them further reason to kill him and fighting one opponent is better than many and becoming a fugitive. He got his confirmation from the look on keishuk’s face and we saw yona arrive, her eyes hard, her words in bold. I love how firm her words are and the dangerous tone it gives off. She then entered and roasted him also bringing up how they were about to go to war and that if they were to lay a finger on hak, they would only get more enemies, which he obviously had to go with to avoid a damn lot of casualties. For once it isn’t Hak saving Yona, it’s Yona saving Hak. Think about the growth it took to get here, rather than complaining we should be celebrating! I don’t like Hak losing but him not being the strongest or losing at least once makes things much more realistic and even Yuhon himself said Hyoori was the strongest warrior.

They are notably saddened but at least we finally got a small reunion after weeks of everyone being separated. Happier times will only seem or feel happy once the hard stuff is over and so let’s remain hopeful guys. Although I would’ve preferred more communication, there is a page limit and somehow I feel like Hak should hear it from Suwon himself, I think they all deserve an explanation or a for things to be clearly expressed from Suwon. Let’s tone down on the complaining since there aren’t many issues the more you think about it. (all just my opinion and thoughts ofc)

thanks a lot for the translation btw !! :DDD

People complaining about this chapter? All I was going to say was, it's always one of them getting tortured then saving the other. But ngl the ending of the chapter was hot and we NEEDED THAT after them being apart for so damn long.

Dex-chan lover
It makes more sense to bring Hak in alive for questioning since they couldn't be sure he hadn't talked with the dragons or anyone else for that matter about that walking corps poo-wan. Vulnerabilities and weakness makes him more human and less of a flat plank of wood character like many new movies and shows like to make their leads. If I had a complaint about this chapter, it's that I want more right now and not later.

AAAAAAAAAA THEY KISSED

i'm so happy, i can't bother analysing this chapter tbh. felt a bit rushed, but i totally understand why it had to be like this. i'm just glad to see hakyona again and how they are above dumb misunderstandings now omg i love them

Users who are viewing this thread