Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 35 Ch. 201 - Gloom

Some random dude stronger than hak out of nowhere?? Bullshit
It's not about hak being invincible , the dragons could probably kill him and he has been on the brink of death several times, the old dude character is just poorly done. Like why wasn't he there during the pirate arc ? Why is everyone so scared of hak killing the king when this dude exits? So many plot holes. For literally no reson. And people saying old dude was established as as strong as hak, yep in this same arc it'very cheap. Maybe it's more annoying to me because I have been binge reading this manga and this character came out ow nowhere.

@Kendama I do have means of ascertaining the original: it's right here on mangadex. I was talking about the English translation. As someone working to be a professional writer and provides feedback to others with the same goal, don't just randomly write a paragraph talking down to me like I insulted someone else's family when I just said a single sentence was incorrect grammar when it was just bad flow.

Why you guys keep saying Hak lost? He let himself being beaten and captured, just to confirm his suspicions
I read the other translation and understand it better then all of you 😏

Double-page supporter
literally, all the irrational decisions are made by that twisted adviser!!
BUT IN OTHER NEWS
finally, after MONTHS we get to see the two love birds kiss that's by far the best Christmas gift 😭😍🥺

Double-page supporter
M04AdaF.png

Yeah, kinda plot thing he that he lost like that, even though i think its purposeful

1- True
2- I guess i was by Jae haa? Probably
3- In their situation, i guess isnt really that needed yona talk about all metters now
4- Exactly because Hak is the opposite of Soon-won, he wouldnt understand how Soo-won can put others things in priority

why are people acting like hak didnt literally just say that he intentionally lost? no way he would have lost if he werent in a compromising position that forced him to play by their rules.

We still don't know who/what the Sword and Shield of Kouka are, from the priest's prophecy. Possibly Hak and Hyu-li.

Aye, Hak does mention that there was only one person whom he knew was stronger than him and whom he couldn't beat – but this fight was either during one of the tournaments, or maybe when Hyoo-ri was teaching Soo-Won and Hak may have challenged him. I'm gonna go with the tournament.
Also this match between them was when Kouka was "peaceful". No wars, no battles. And when he was still young. It's different now. Hak has battle experience and he's grown. His body and strength have also grown. Not to say that Hyoo-ri hasn't been training, but I do wonder how many people he's killed since that night of Il's death. True that we haven't seen him shadow Soo-Won during his escapades to the Tribe cities. He probably knew Hyoo-ri may end up causing a ruckus while his intention was to remain incognito and so asked him to stand down and remain in the castle.

But... 🤔
Is Hyoo-ri even allowed to kill people who haven't "attacked" first?
Hyoo-ri knows Hak and the position he's in, but wouldn't he also require permission to kill him off when his first option would be and should be to capture him as a prisoner?
In that case, why can't Hak assume he'd be captured? Sure, it was a risky bet indeed on Hak's part.
Hak didn't attack Soo-Won when he was close to him, so it doesn't warrant a kill but capture (yes, it's true he was warned, but then he should have been attacked right there on the stairs no, but that meant putting the weak Soo-Won in danger). However, they're on castle grounds which means it may cause distress, plus there are delegates from another country in the castle, and you wouldn't want to cause any further ruckus than what's already brewed with Lan Tan; so I assume Hyoo-ri attacked Hak when noone was around to avoid being seen, but probably to knock him out and capture as prisoner for futher decision. And he knows Hak is strong, so a quick strong blow would be needed. Yet Hak avoids that and managed to defend himself, so Hyoo-ri needs to get more intense. However, Hyoo-ri's not a decision maker, he's only serving as a guard. And he knows Hak is in the castle on special terms. So he would need to capture him.
Meanwhile, Hak knew Hyoo-ri won't speak. So if he's captured, then someone with power will come like Joo-Doh or Kye-Sook, because Hak said something he should not have known (King's condition). And so, the higher authorities would need to confirm/ascertain that it is indeed the case and then pass judgement. When Hyoo-ri went to get Kye-Sook, Min-Soo was probably around.
And then of course the nuance of the looks are enough. Judgement is passed. Min-Soo has revealed his betrayal. Yona appears and manages to save her beloved because Hak can't get killed just yet.

Hmm. If he did die, ooh, Yona-chan would have gone raging mad and unleashed the dragon power? Or she would have slumped like she had when Il had died? 🧐

Users who are viewing this thread