Akatsuki no Yona

I don’t know how far back I have to spoiler things for, but...

I stopped reading around when the all went to the palace to stay on the premise he’d be learning medicine. In fact it was the chapter where Hal was like “Let me work for you” or join the army or whatever it was. That and how Yona just allowed herself to be led around and then sat next to Soo Won despite knowing what it would mean.

I was so turned off by how incredibly stupid everyone was suddenly being. Yeah let’s just go live right in the middle of enemy territory and do what they say and work for them and.... what was the point of anything up to that point if they just handed themselves over so easily?

Do they get less stupid? Is there a satisfying reason to why they acted like this? Basically I’m asking if I should start reading it again. I was really enjoying it up to that point.

Double-page supporter
Now that Hak has known at least that Soo Won is sick, I don't think there would be any problem if Hak is filled in with more details. Just explain about the crimson illness, and all the past events between their parents. I'm annoyed that not only they separated Hak from Yona and the four dragons, they also caged him up just like that, even agreeing to kill him in a political war. I hate Keishuk for all his decisions.

This manga took around once a month, if I'm not mistaken. I need some progress. I'm getting tired with the political drama. :(
Give Yona, Hak, and the four dragons their freedom already. :(

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

THEY MET. THEY KISSED. They are finally on the same pageeeee. Hak is safe!!!

BLESSED CHAPTER, EVERYBODY READING THIS, HAVE A WONDERFUL FRIDAY AND WEEKEND.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

thank u for scanlating this chapter despite how frustrating it must have been to see that the author has reduced hak to basically nothing, i hope yall have a wonderful holidays :))

@ramblin
Well it sort of depends what ur looking for in this series, I dont think this is for everyone at this point.

I remember right before they entered the palace I thought the story was going to go in the direction of yona just trying to retake her kingdom as the next king/queen or whatever. And I was also a bit put off at first when she decided to actually help out instead. But the crew just wants to protect the kingdom and this is the best way for them to do it besides yona becoming queen.

However I think after the first few chapters where they enter the palace, it did get very interesting. You learn more about yona's mother and king il and soo wons parents. This entire series made king il seem like a peace loving saint that everyone wrongly disliked, and after the recent chapters you learn not everything is black and white and I think that part is worth reading.

If your reading this strictly for the romance it is way too slow burn imo but I've been keeping up because the political story has gotten pretty interesting.

@ramblin
Frankly, I had the exact same thought when they entered the palace and for now I think you should wait more. The story is getting weird, the pacing is slow, they all decided to gather against a "common ennemy" but it sounds wrong..... At least Yona has a bit of character development i'm just still unsure if it is for the best.
Nota bene : if you don't like Soowon, prepare yourself a punching-pillow cause we see him far too much in these last chapters. And how on earth is he not dead yet ?
Raah this is frustrating because i'm not liking where this is going but I do still have hope.

Oh and Soowon, take your time dying sweetie, no pressure here 🌺
NO WAY JUST DIE ALREADY !!

If I could give this manga a 12 out of10 I would give it a 15. Every chapter is great, I've never read a manga that has grown on me as much as this one. The plot is great, the characters are believable and basically I just love everything about it.

Love the way Yona handled Keishuk but
her reunion with Hak was not as satisfying as I would’ve liked. Even the kiss was not very swoony (if that’s even a word. Haha)

This series keeps giving me feels, omg- I can't hate anyone and I just want them all to be happy somehow... QAQ

i know the likely hood of this series getting a season 2 for the anime is very low (since they did zeno's backstory as an OVA) but i can only hope 😭

Umm, i don't really like this "back to the castle" Arc,
Are they just gonna go buddy-buddy with that soo-won bast@rd since apparently
he's not killing yona's dad out of revenge and he's dying
and it's so sad poor mr king guy, let's all go BFF forever.
Hopefully not, but after reading the latest (frustating) chapters it's really hard not to think that way.
Maybe it's just personal taste because i love how their "adventure" and conflict out there before,
this full-blast kingdom political conflict is absolute MEH for me, you know how they introduced problem? By turning everyone into a "Bottomless Pit Head Wojak",
What is intelligence? what is character development? reject humanity return to monke !!

@xg2x I like everything before this one as well, I don't hate it that much, but it is as you said frustrating, however the manga needs.to go toward a conclusion hence this arc I guess ...

Users who are viewing this thread