Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - Lots of people came!

Dex-chan lover
The girls be like
fcc.jpg

Wow this series is so good and such a emotional chapter. I didn't want the chapter to end.

She has really had a lonely childhood. I didn't realize there weren't any other kids but her little sister around.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
It's so cute and satisfying seeing her little sister get to play with so many new people too.

Shouldn't it be the other way around i.e. translation having fewer fuckups with each new chapter?

Besides the above average amount of blunders in a recent work of a certain fan guesslation group, not much. How've you been doing lately @DrWhoCares?

Group Leader
@6mai Oh you know, trying not to get the WuFlu and being SlowAF, etc.
We're there any issues you noticed in this release specifically?

@DrWhoCares
Honestly, what's the point in me doing that? Based on what happened last time, it's not like you guys are going fix the mistakes nor will knowing what a handful of bubbles actually mean magically fix the core issue.

Group Leader
@6mai
Yeah, I feel you. I don't bother with groups that don't care. But of course, you're not talking to the one that can actually fix it.
I don't like working on this series to be honest, it's a fucking massive slog, and I despise having to re-TL shit when proofreading. I have to do it a lot for this series in particular, and sometimes I just skip it because It's been 8 weeks and I don't have the willpower to try and fix it.

However, I ask because I like to learn. I accept any criticism, and welcome any comments that might help me learn or get better, so that's mainly why I ask.

If it was a proofreading isssue, then that's on me. If it was a TL issue, that's on the translator (or partially me, if I attempted to fix it and didn't have anyone to TLC it).
In all honesty, if you feel that you're good enough to take on the mantle, you may as well TL it yourself. Ask Naabii, I'm sure something could be worked out.

I doubt you want to do that though, otherwise you likely already would've. I know you pointed out issues with the TS work in the past as well, and I believe I brought up the fact that I have no control over that. Once again, I refer you to the one who actually typesets, redraws, and manages the project. After I submit the PR document, it's entirely out of my hands and eventually it's released.

I'd much rather someone who likes the series enough, and is knowledgeable or skilled enough, handle it, than continuing to have me waste my time slogging through it every few months. But in the end, you do you. I don't in any way disagree with your statements, and it's a bit of a shame how butchered this entire series has been by the random MTL groups that have been doing it in the past (and out of order, no less).

@DrWhoCares
Oh so you weren't TLCing you just PRed it. Now I feel bad for taking it out on a guy that seems to care the most about putting out a good product.

I can tell you specifically what's wrong but it don't see it having much educational value since the language used is straightforward, unless you're fine with just specifying the panels since that's seems like minimal effort.

But if you guys are in need of a TLC hit me up, hell if I'll even give you a full script if that's the reason why it takes longer to put out a scanlation then it does for the author, that averages half a chapter per month, to put out a chapter. But I'm guessing that's not the bottleneck.

Group Leader
@6mai Honestly, if you want to take over for me, I'd much appreciate it.
I'm far too busy with other projects to continue with this one.

A bunch of the next few chapters have been TL'd and I am absolutely the bottleneck here, and have been the entire time.

@Naabii is the one you want to start talking to about that. Especially with this whole outbreak shit, I'm getting less and less time to even finish my other projects, and my actual job is only getting more busy.

And while I do enjoy the series, I lost any want to work on it long ago, and even asked Naabii at one point to find a replacement. I hate putting out a shitty product, I really do. My motto has always been, "It's done when it's done." And this is definitely a series I don't do well enough on. If you're going to steal someone else's work and livelihood, and upload it for free on the internet without permission, you might as well treat them with enough respect as to scanlate it well.

So yes, I have no ability to QC the work beyond a bit of TLC and my own PR. I'm not great at Japanese, far from it (and my main knowledge is in manga of a higher level than this), so having to fix things I can feel are wrong, is hard for me, when my TLC doesn't care about helping me with this series, so I'm on my own.

So if you would, I'd would appreciate it if you would take over for me in some regard. It's a shame the bottleneck is so bad due to me. And perhaps then you can get some of those other changes you want to happen.

Group Leader
@6mai if you seriously want to help, please join the discord then mention me. otherwise, this series will never meet your standard.

Dex-chan lover
I started rereading this again and I was like hmmmmm this art reminds me of another series and then it finally hit me, the art reminds me of "SHY" the series, the arts too good

Dex-chan lover
@dokidoki

I sometimes feel like the art is just a way to show off all the movement study the mangaka has made. I might as well check "SHY" out if it's from them.

Users who are viewing this thread