Ako to Bambi

The "making everything back to normal" vive the last few chapters have is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Whilst I get this is for the sake of both Ako and Bambi , the way Irefune was dropped into story feels like a one sided way of forcing things into a self perceived "right direction" than actual concern for the parties in question.

Another oddity I noticed is how Irefune's supernatural powers are handled - it was rather sudden and people seemingly just accepted them with little skepticism.

Dex-chan lover
@Omanyte Well, Irifune dropped in after supernatural things got introduced, and seemingly knew what is happening, so it wasn't farfetched to think that she got those powers.

@bluefox_1 I will concede to that - it just bothers how Bambi
and now Hana
is not a psychic and can interact with Ako with ease. Irifune's explanations seem logical for a
real ghost but Ako is not exactly a ghost per se. Being closer to an astral projection.

It is probably a plot point the author will touch later, but it bothers me nonetheless.

Double-page supporter
nice mysterious slice of lifey manga with a sprinkle of ghosts.

expected horror from the cover, but that's what not reading tags gets you

thanks for the chapters.

9/10

Side ponytail really make the character looks cute as heck, especially with that kind of school uniform and a very bright smile on her face.

great story; intriguing plotline. probably too much plot twists at first that it came out not shocking for a while. but now that the artist is developing the characters revolved around the mc- it became such a genuine, cute thing. this webcomic is a gem. reccomended for readers who like solving mysteries and making theories with a hint of fluff.

i know that
love between spirits and human wouldn't end just as fine tho.
it has always been like that.

thank you to the translator for translating this!

@softhaneul
Regarding your spoiler.
You might not have to worry about that in regards to the spirit x human part.
"Why", you say?
Both are human.
You probably might know this already though.

@Mizumachi Yeah but Ako is mostly separate from Yamashiro, and she doesn't have a real body, so technically she would count as a spirit.

@Levan072
Technically.
But she is not dead.
Also, Ako and Yamashiro are one and the same. I have never experienced lucid dreaming but the manga and its characters imply that Yamashiro is experiencing it currently. That is implying that Ako and Yamashiro are one and the same. Ako is simply(probably) just a facet of Yamshiro's personality that she sealed away in her lucid dreaming state.
She should count as Yamshiro's very soul(hence why "Ako" comes at night while the host body is sleeping), not a simple spirit.
Sorry if I seemed rude trying to prove my point though.
I am also in a gray line in regards as to whether she counts as a spirit or not if she is a living person's soul.

@Mizumachi Okay, I'll have to agree with you on that. She might not be a spirit per say. But, one thing I would disagree on with your point is how you said that they are one and the same. I don't think that's true. Yamashiro may be experiencing the same things as Ako does, but she doesn't think the same as Ako. She has completely different thoughts, and (I think, I'm not sure) she even disagreed with Ako's decisions in a chapter. Plus Ako doesn't know what Yamashiro knows, pointing at the fact that they have separate consciousnesses. Even in the later chapters, Ako finally sees Yamashiro in person, but doesn't act like they are the same. More like that she's looking at an entirely different person. If I had to give an example of what I'm talking about, it'd be like bringing your past self to the present. They are technically you, but they wouldn't be the same as you. In fact, they would be extremely different. The experiences you have shape who you are, and the past you had significantly less of that. You might disagree on things, and act differently. You know? Sorry if I'm also coming off as rude by the way, but I just wanted to say this. (Or if what I said doesn't make sense, think of a clone, or a robot with an AI of you)

Users who are viewing this thread