Akuma Koujo - Vol. 4 Ch. 21

Group Leader
Next chapter will come out on April 25th!

Also, if you were a bit confused last chapter I did some QA and rewording so it should be a bit less confusing. Still confusing, because the time travel stuff is just like that, but less so.

We are about halfway through Volume 6 chapter 15 in the WN...the LN still hasn't reached this part yet lol, but Volume 4 should be coming out soon which will likely bring it basically to where the manga started

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, the idea of a metropolitan area being so depended on by its residents that it becomes a deity is actually really interesting
I recommend you find a way to play Shin Megami Tensei 4, it kinda brushes on the same theme but sadly only takes its conclusion through the dlc (dunno if the complete package is floating around as a ROM yet)

Group Leader
bro what's happening, shit's moving too fast man.
IIRC, part of it is because the way the manga was adapted (Starting in Volume 5) but it's also just how this story goes. For example volume one in the LN was a nice slice of life story where she was a princess and then suddenly she get's in a situation where her demonic self takes over and she's eating peoples souls

Dex-chan lover
(Starting in Volume 5)
So there was a ton of MC backstory of our girl before she was reincarnated? Guess that's what makes this hard to follow besides the random time travel that just occurred which I'm sure will somehow be brought back to the original timeline

Group Leader
So there was a ton of MC backstory of our girl before she was reincarnated? Guess that's what makes this hard to follow besides the random time travel that just occurred which I'm sure will somehow be brought back to the original timeline
Correct, the story shown in chapter 1 of the manga for a couple pages was her life as Yuru.

Basically the plot is:

Yuzu dies and is reincarnated as a demon and then is born into a medieval world as Yurushia. Volumes 1-4 cover this. At the end of volume 4 stuff happens and she ends up back in her old body but in the past, so the manga has been covering Volumes 5 and 6. Volume 5 isn't a terrible place to start if volume 1 wasn't an option, since it was a soft remake, but it's still weird they chose it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, the idea of a metropolitan area being so depended on by its residents that it becomes a deity is actually really interesting

Not the first case of 'people's belief give power' situation, though I'm not sure if there's a trope name for this.

Some variant include things like KR series where constellations (gods, mythical figures, etc) gain power from being knowing/believing in their stories/the action of their chosen avatars.

IIRC, part of it is because the way the manga was adapted (Starting in Volume 5) but it's also just how this story goes. For example volume one in the LN was a nice slice of life story where she was a princess and then suddenly she get's in a situation where her demonic self takes over and she's eating peoples souls

Wasn't it more
of she was self-aware she's a demon (since the story start with her as baby demon growing up until she's the golden cat) but tried to blend in and act human.

Then her aunt tried to sacrifice her and she went 'u look tasty' then snap her neck

(then there's the whole crush the vampires before turning them into seaweed makers)

And hey finally we'll get to see
the gay medusa

so her going back to earth in the manga was like an arc in the LN?

Fed-Kun's army
so her going back to earth in the manga was like an arc in the LN?
Yeah, pretty much. I'm really surprised they seem to just be going straight for the ending of the Earth arc. I thought they would go back and do the prologue and holy kingdom arc at this point as a way to show her "regaining her memories" as Yurushia or something. Seems like a weird design choice overall to skip so much of the story.

Dex-chan lover
i forgot who was the gay medusa. i read the entire damn WN but i forgot

There were 4 noble children kidnapped by the vampire along with Yuru
Yuru summoned her 4 'pets' to possess them.

There's the 'twin' Incubus and Succubus Noa and Nia
The Nightmare Fanny
And lastly the Medusa Tina, who upon noticing the hatred towards Yuru in the OG's soul...ate it...anyway she's the one who's hella gay for Yuru due to influence of the OG soul.

Contributor
@Lev559

1711767392872.png
a55bb1e92f75901273413b7549945d09.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread