Akutoku Ryoushu no Musuko ni Tensei!? ~ Tanoshiku Mahou wo Manandeitara, Omei wo Henjou Shitemashita ~

Dex-chan lover
Kinda meh, paint-by-numbers take on the whole "generic nice guy MC gets isekai-reincarnated into an utter bastard of a character, doesn't get his memories until his reputation is in tatters, so he shapes up thanks to the powers of the pillars of Japanese society and ends up becoming the center of attention for being obscenely talented and nice/humble/selfless/etc."

Like a lot of those stories it blows through that portion of the plot rather quickly because there's only so many times you have them meet new people who only know of their awful reputation and end up being set straight. So it mostly just becomes an excuse for easy antagonists with easier redemptions while the MC is treated as nothing but the laudable, saintly person they are presented as to the audience.

the issue is that unlike versions of this that succeed (honestly, was "My Life as a Villainess: all routes lead to doom" the originator/codifier of this trope?) this one mostly gets held back by the fact that its characters are paper thin. There's the MC, the perfect delicate flower potential love interest, the picked on commoner with the sunny disposition, the trolling teacher, the onee-san teacher, the arrogant classist prick antagonist, the mysterious shadowy evil guy, etc. To the last they are the one note needed to place them in the proper role for the story and basically nothing else.

It's an acceptable time-killing read I guess, and the translation is good enough for something based on MTL (but thankfully cleaned up and edited from that point so it's readable) but it's hardly the type of story to stick with you after reading it.

The mainstream went from reincarnating into another world and joining the adventurer guild, to reincarnating into a kid and then entering a magic school. And there is always this organization trying to corrupt the kids and there is always one kid that has especially strong hatred for the MC with little to no reason.
This one though feels like it doesn't care at all. Like the character progression goes super fast he went from being fat to not fat in an instant. And it doesn't even matter that he WAS fat because the only thing that has any effect on the storyline is that he had a bad attitude. "I Reincarnated as a White Pig Noble's Daughter from a Shoujo Manga" does the fat thing way better where it actually has progress that spans over several chapters.
I do expect that he still will be a kid by the time the manga ends. It won't go past his current age, maybe he finishes school but by that time he has probably defeated all the major villains.

Fed-Kun's army
Meh. Just meh. I won't devote the amount of words that the other 2 posters have, but yeah, if basic b***h was a manga, this would be it.

Users who are viewing this thread