Akuyaku Reijou no Tsuihougo! - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - The Engagement-Breaking Prince Finally Appears?!

Dex-chan lover
Time for the sweet shy swordsman stalker to save her from what I can only assume is a two faced yandere sadist hell bent on marrying our mc.

@crazybars that's not the heroine, that's the girl from chapter 2-3. Heroine's a princess with flowers (or was it hearts) in her eyes

@karupin

Oh...... I actually can't tell the difference between them with a glance lol. I had to look really closely and reread after you pointed that out.

Thank you!

Double-page supporter
Wait...wasn't she engaged to the other prince? Now she's supposedly engaged to this one even after being banished? How did that happen? Shouldn't MC have mentioned/thought about this earlier?

Aggregator gang
this is way outa left field... is she remembering a sequel she never played perhaps? Or are her memories only as good as the author needs lol

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not sure I follow this development. Not only that, but the title of the chapter and his words are in direct opposition.

Let's see if I get this right

The game's heroine has multiple love interests as indicated by the cover. This new guy is supposed to be one of them. As part of the generic backstory and gimmick the otome love interests have, this guy's gimmick is that he's engaged to the villainess (Elizabeth). When he falls in love with the game heroine, he will inevitably break his engagement with the villainess and fall in love with the heroine. Hence the title, engagement breaking prince. It's a common otome event. That's according to the game.

In the game, Elizabeth gets banished for being the villainess who bullied the heroine. In this story however, Elizabeth is kind but still gets banished after being framed by the heroine. It's as if the world is forced to move according to the game's plot.

The heroine in this story however chose none of the love interests in the cover and went for the secret route. Which means this guy doesn't get together with the heroine so he's still technically engaged with the villainess (Elizabeth). Time has passed from the events of the game and the heroine already got married so Elizabeth thought everything was over. Which is why she wondered if "the story no longer controls us?"

All the supposed love interests of the heroine still exist even after she got her ending. This guy is a leftover aspect of the game.

Fed-Kun's army
@zeroknight I feel like she should have thought about him in passing when she was wondering whose route the heroine was on; if the engagement didn't get broken that is. Unless she actually did and I forgot. That would at least clue her in on him not being the heroine's target.

Double-page supporter
@zeroknight To add to this, if I remember correctly, she was never engaged to anyone yet when she was banished. It could be that originally she was to be engaged to this prince but either due to her own meddling or the fact the heroine went after a route that occurred earlier than her meeting with Michael, Elizabeth never became the rival character for the heroine. I'm pretty sure the girl from the first chapter, the one Elizabeth supposedly bullied, is indeed the heroine. It's just that she will likely never meet Michael in this story line since a route was already locked in. If this is correct, then what's going to happen next? Is a new heroine going to get introduced to fill in the gap or is it going to turn out that Michael is super sketchy and it turns into a rescue arc?

Users who are viewing this thread