Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Let's Work at The Duke House

Dex-chan lover
Alternate title: "Is It Ok To Accidentally Pick Up Teenage Girls in an Isekai As A Middle Aged Man In The Body Of A Teenage Girl?"
a married middle age man with a child whos watching hes every move

Dex-chan lover
While the plot is interesting, I mostly enjoyed the worldbuilding in this chapter. I like how they explained the manor and its employees. Like Anne said, the manor is less of a home for the Duke, and more of a community where the Duke's family and each other are cared for. While the Duke and family stay there with the help of servants, the servants also have duties that cover the entire estate, such as food production, luxury goods, offices, communal maintenance and other things.

If you were a gardener, you'd spend your days toiling in the fields and keeping plants in their best shape either in the vineyards and orchards, or in the estate gardens. However, you're given housing to rest, food cooked by the manor's kitchens, your clothes are cleaned by maids, tools made by manor's craftsmen, etc, and finally, paid for your labour.

It's very efficient. You only need to focus on your job because your needs are met by other people focusing on their jobs. That's not something you'll see today, in any part of the world.

Dex-chan lover
I'll say it: the daughter has that low-key otaku waifu appeal. Like a chiller version of Ogiue from Genshiken.

Users who are viewing this thread