Alice in Borderland Retry - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Nine of Hearts Part 1

Group Leader
Thanks a lot for this! 😁

Will you translate the rest of the manga as well?
I'm looking for someone who knows Japanese better than me (I know nothing 🤣) to do it, I can cooperate (in case you wanna to)! 😁

Dex-chan lover
Wait the art seems different? Everyone looks short and stocky now. Even though it the same artist. And why the heck is Arisu looking younger even tho it's 10 years later.

Also I bet they will reuse these capsules in the future, considering they can block laser which is the major antagonist of season 1.

Group Leader
@abconline the art is different because it's like 5 years since the author stop drawing his own mangas (like "Imawa no Michi no Alice" and "Zombie100").
He decided to retry voluntarily but with the incoming live action he want to give it all once more!
In an interview he said that he even forgot how to use a pencil, but in my opinion the artstyle is awesome in this sequel!

I don't know about the capsules thing, they don't see the same type of lasers.

Group Leader
Hey there!. I was the typewritter for the main series. If you need I'm willing to help you

Contributor
I thought the original entry in this series told the story enough, but... I'm hyped.
I hope Asou Haro continues to surprise us.

"9 of Hearts"

Starting strong I see... No way will things go well... I guess the biggest wonder is if Arisu still has plot armor or not. Considering the other characters aren't nearly as striking as the original cast to be a character we follow, my money is on yes.
I also bet the birth is going to have a key part in the plot this time too. Not just as Arisu's motivations, but something deeper... 🤔

Also I left my comment on the main series comment page, but overall I feel a sequel really wasn't needed. The original ended perfectly and there was still an air of mystery around The Borderlands. With a sequel, even with only 2 chapters, I kind of feel like The Borderlands may get explained too much and ruin the mystery the original left open.
And if we see any characters from the last series in The Borderlands then it'll be extra confusing and too much of a coincidence...
But I'm not too worried, with how great the writing was in the original.

Guess we only have to wait and see.

I really hope they add mc's memories as an additional element in this sequel

Double-page supporter
why wont they juste leave alice in peace ? he was doing fine ffs

Aggregator gang
YO WHAT ARISU AGAIN AND 9 OF LOVE STRAIGHT AT THE START GIVE HIM A BREAK YOOOOO

Dex-chan lover
Oh god not again, bro. Stop getting yourself killed ffs, you got a kid and wife to look after.

And a 9 of hearts right off the bat? Yeesh.

The art looks so much better, I like it! Also noticed that the phone concept is the same as the netflix adaptation! Was wondering if it was changed from the original manga to be more in touch with the audience, but looks like it was inspired from the sequel?

Users who are viewing this thread