Alice in Borderland Retry

goddamn I had no clue this alice in borderlands got a sequel, but boy and I glad it did

Just noticed myself this sequel and just finished it lol.
The prequel is one of my favourite manga ever and this one was a masterpiece as well.
Thank you very much scanlators.

The original manga was amazing! It was thrilling and you couldn't stop reading while you wanted to see how it plays out and what happens next. Facing dilemmas was thought-provoking and surprising. Also, the mystery around the world was the best part of the series, that's why the ending was so satisfying and fitting, answering everything that we wanted to know.
But... now this sequel? The series is dead, and it had a wonderful funeral with a farewell and it will always have fond memories in heart.
But this is really unnecessary. I read till currently last chapter and have hopes it will end soon, while it feels like beating a dead horse. There is no excitement to read knowing the mystery of the place where he is. No more gripping story to keep hooked. I appreciate the effort to bring some new game scenario, but... there is no more life in this series.
The author should invest in the new story setup where he could bring new game challenges if he has many more untold ones. But leave rest in peace this one.

This sequel was completely pointless as it doesn't add anything to the original series and the whole time the protagonist doesn't do anything and just watches as the other people die

Really good stuff, to me it wasnt suppose to ever compete with the original one but rather give the reader a little peak at grown up mc and his family. Really liked it.

Aggregator gang
It's not bad but it just doesnt have the same weight behind it.

I feel like the original series didnt need a sequel. Feels like cashgrabbing tbh. Also the art is odd. Looks too slick.

Asou Haro really fucked up 7❤ just for the sake of the plot, as 2❤, 4❤, 9❤, 10❤, J❤, and Q❤ can be solved without casuality (except the citizen in J and Q).

Quite dissapointed with that as Diamond is the one who have a characteristic of having only 1 survivor. Arisu shouldve lost his bestfriends in a diamond game then.

Frankly, I wish this didn't exist... Arisu from the original was just so much more than this.... And I didn't like the game as much as usual...
One can say 'If you don't like don't read it', but... it is an adult version of a character I love... of course I'd like to read it... I'd just like it to be faithful to him. It's not even a matter of just not being good at games... it just didn't feel like Arisu or even an older version of what he could have been.

I think this was only meant to celebrate the live action adaptation, so I didn't expect anything of value here. It's definitely a good read but think of it as nothing but a supplementary piece to the original manga, you'll be immensely disappointed otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread