Alice in Hell

Very underwelming ending, but really great manga overall. A good mix of some humor and lots of darkness and suffering, enjoyed the art and worldbuilding, which gave me some strong Borderlands (1st one) vibe! i just wish the main character had some development, the story was great but he goes back full circle, all for naught. Alice also didnt get any of that since apart from a few panels at the end, she's nothing more than an object passed around... in the end everybody is still stuck in hell, going rounds but ending nowhere, so yeah bit deluded in that regard. A good read anyway, would recommend.

Group Leader
Regarding the “lack of character development”, the MC and everyone else in this series is suffering from severe developmental ptsd. One of the main symptoms is the inability to adapt to new situations.

Promises a lot, but delivers more of the same. I don’t mind a nihilistic ending, but it seemed like the author was setting up for something more grand and changed his mind near the end. There’s a lot of awkward and simplistic symbolism, which feels a bit like the author trying to drop wisdom which he doesn’t have to give.

Besides that though, it’s an interesting ride, and the art and pacing is really well done. Could have done without all the sexual violence and awkward fanservice though. I’d say a 6/10, and worth a look if you’re ok with some edginess.

Interesting premise which culminates in a very disappointing ending. Kudos to the translators though, they did a great job!

Double-page supporter
insane ride about dehumanization, trauma, and the cycle of hatred. one of my all time favs.

VERY EDGY, but not in a bad way.
Unsatisfying ending, but also not in a bad way.
I don't know, i felt like want to complain about a lot of things but i'm not sure what,
But i'm sure really enjoying this though.

Fed-Kun's army
Loved it and would recommend it to anyone willing to pick this up!

Dex-chan lover
If the ending weren't such a depressing, nihilistic slog, I'd have loved this. As it is, I still admire it greatly, especially for the non-stop brilliant art. Which is pretty much Matsumoto in a nutshell: heartless brilliance and the bleakest possible view of the human condition. Children playing out grisly parodies of "heroic adventure" stories in the ruins of civilization, broken people repeating senseless and self-defeating patterns with no connection to the reality they inhabit, drain-circling endgames in the aftermath.

This one's a bit unusual in that it teases you with the possibility of something better before crushing all the bugs with a hammer. Good times...

:fml:

Users who are viewing this thread