All-Rounder Meguru - Vol. 15 Ch. 135 - Leg Techniques, Turning Techniques

Group Leader
Wew, long time since we were able to get a chapter out. But life happens, and it will always go before scanlation. Hopefully we can do 136 a bit faster doe. 😘

Dex-chan lover
Ugh these short chapters are going to kill me

Dex-chan lover
Hurrah, a chapter! Many thanks.
Capoeira is really cool. But I always wonder just how vulnerable some of those extravagant moves leave you. They go all upsy-downsy like that, you could nail someone in the face with a fast knee/thigh level kick, and how much defence do they have?

@purplelibraryguy Capoeira has huge windups blows that make recovery fairly difficult. For someone with little experience against it, it MIGHT be effective if the Capoeira martial artist goes on the offensive but Capoeira needs good timing and range in order to be effective. So if a Capoeira martial artist gets someone who gets in close, their power and speed are going down dramatically and there are few responses that Capoeira has in that situation.
In short, there is a reason why a Brazilian martial art is not used in MMA, in spite of Brazil's huge presence in the sport, it is not effective against someone who knows how to counter it.

Power Uploader
@22Ryu You'd think Capoeira is vulnerable to grappling.

But combined with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, which emphasizes ground work, it may be a deadly combination.

Dex-chan lover
Huh... you'd think Maki as a nak muay would go on the offensive sooner, but I guess her focus on kicks rather than close-in fighting worked against her this time. Should be interesting to see how she can get out of this, it would be anticlimactic if she just washed out of the tournament like that but I don't see what options she has right now.

@Kirin-kun Not really. There is still clinching and infighting (short range striking). Plus Capoeira, even at it's best range, it's still fairly predictable and has long recovery time so it's fairly easy to fight against, if the opponent has some experience or/and training against Capoeira.
@Deathhappens Pretty much. Also her lack experience and preparation against this kind of extreme unorthodox opponents is really disadvantageous. She needs to clinch when her opponent is close, throw some quick low, middle and front kicks when she is a faraway, avoid fighting in the ground and not let her opponent get into her rhythm.

Users who are viewing this thread