Almark - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - First Magic

Dex-chan lover
Me thunks the magic system not only requires one to have an inkling of talent for it, but also the illusion that they're in control to maintain it, i.e. a warriors discipline to not overreact so it doesn't get out of hand.

Dex-chan lover
Between this and previous chapter, it shows that Almark is mature enough to read the room because of his life experiences and travels.

IMO more authors should build characters with proper background like this (the original way so to say) instead of the easy way of MC remembering their past life.

Dex-chan lover
anyone can tell me why last panel written with "I told you so"? reading right after waking up don't help

Dex-chan lover
anyone can tell me why last panel written with "I told you so"? reading right after waking up don't help
No clue. It's pretty much a cliffhanger and I really want to read the next chapter to know what that is about (and why the teacher is just standing there and not reacting to the commotion caused by Almark, especially when you consider that he's wielding a dangerous looking flamethrower.)

Dex-chan lover
Almark didn't understand the advice to forget all of his existing bias of magic. Almark's magic is monstrous, so him trying to copy the appearance of the minuscule flame was fundamentally wrong. He failed to see the unseen, which in this case was the amount of magic

Dex-chan lover
I believe that's a reference to page 31 of this chapter where the instructor says to Almark: "but I have high expectations for your supposed talent"

Always good when an actual pure fantasy manga comes along. Especially when it has this type of artstyle that really evokes some older seinen stuff and whatnot. I dig it very much

Dex-chan lover
Between this and previous chapter, it shows that Almark is mature enough to read the room because of his life experiences and travels.

IMO more authors should build characters with proper background like this (the original way so to say) instead of the easy way of MC remembering their past life.
yeah but that takes patience and writing skill

What never made sense is how can a reincarnated person who was absolutely average in intelligence somehow figure out how to manufacture guns, and modern devices. Assuming they're not constantly on Wikipedia on the small hope they reincarnate in another world (like isekai tensei soudouki)

Users who are viewing this thread