Am I Your Daughter? - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
I kind of get the idea he was charged with concealing her existence as the child of the duke's father's mistress. 🤔

Fed-Kun's army
People are always expecting these isekai protags to suddenly have a tough exterior and be clairvoyant about everything.

Reminder: This girl lived a life of seclusion and abuse. She never grew emotionally. Even if she’s mentally older, she’s still emotionally that of a little girl. All she’s armed with is knowledge that she cannot stay in the house and needs to get away.

Fed-Kun's army
@Manganime @luffys @kursedkaiju @Ivegotnolife @omegaxis1

People forget that it really hasn't been very long at all since she was able to meet the Duke and experience a different life than the one she had been trapped in.

I compare this to the Demon King's Daughter, where the MC lived a bad previous life, but she has been surrounded by nothing but love and supportive people for over a decade from the moment she started her second one. Yet the MC is still useless and makes terrible choices, even though she receives power ups like they're candy without having to move a finger. Her second life has been completely different than her first.
In contrast, this girl is repeating her same traumatic life, she had enough strength of will to do something about it (jump off the carriage) that eventually led her to meet the Duke and discover there can be good in life and there can be kind people in the world, but it hasn't been long enough for her to heal ANY wounds or get past ANY trauma whatsoever. I'm amazed she could pull enough strength to jump out of the carriage the first time, considering she was in the exact same conditions that were causing/triggering the PTSD. And she's only like.. what, 5?

Fed-Kun's army
@nobile
To be fair, in the Demon King's Daughter, even if you are surrounded by warmth and love for a while, the moment you are put right back into the situation where you feel like your trauma is repeating, you will want to curl up in a corner. Plus, her powers hadn't exactly awakened and if anything, everyone else were just absurdly stronger than her.

But yeah, the MC here had enough guts to pull off a life-risking move that helped change things up.

Fed-Kun's army
@omegaxis1 I'm tired of seeing these excuses. Yeah, in reality how she's acting makes a lot of sense. The problem is that it renders the whole "I was reincarnated" trope pointless, if she was literally going to act like a child anyway, whatever the reason for that may be. What was the point in doing that if she wasn't going to be able to use something-- anything at all, be it emotional maturity at the very minimum-- in this cycle? She even admits in this chapter that the one self-preserving skill she may have learned (being able to stomach the maids whispering about her) was overwritten by her stay in this life. If it was just to show that she would be mistreated at the Duke's home, she didn't have to go through the rigmarole of being reincarnated to do that. She was an orphan; there of plenty of stories where orphans casually find out that the people trying to adopt them are bad people. They could have pulled a Lucia where she had prophetic dreams, or do what I Belong to House Castillo, where she did have memories of her previous life, but not be a literal continuation of the person from that life. I wonder if the latter case is what they were going for, but it's just executed poorly.

I should also maybe point out that this isn't an isekai. She's just reincarnated in the same world. And most of people's annoyance is coming from the blatant misuse of this trope that set the reader up with false expectations.

That all being said, I'm still reading because the art is cute and the MC is okay (if you pretend she's a normal kid), and the story isn't that bad. But I think some of the critisim is earned when writers include convoluted elements to their story that don't actually contribute as much as they'd imply, especially given what other stories occupying that space.

@5hinyan earlier on some foreshadowing shows that He's obsessed with her because she looks just like her mother who rejected his stupid ass for having a personality so fake that it has "made in china" stamped on it, so he wants to vent his adult temper tantrum on her for being her mother's child

TL,DR: he is the dictionary definition of a "Nice Guy" who was nice to her mother couldn't get the pus so he chose abuse our mc instead.

Users who are viewing this thread