Amagami-san Chi no Enmusubi - Vol. 10 Ch. 81 - A daytime mirage, Worlds

Dex-chan lover
I am willing to bet the author is an avid FGO player, they said way too many terms from the game's story to just be a coincidence, FGO is a big deal in Japan, it would not be surprising if the author had inspirations from it.
You guys don't read much outside of mainstream anime stuff do you. As if FGO coined such terms in sci-fi. These are pretty "standard" terms, while the "theory" they use is not the same as FGO's setting. Especially talking about lostbelts...which are not parallel universes/timelines at all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You guys don't read much outside of mainstream anime stuff do you. As if FGO coined such terms in sci-fi. These are pretty "standard" terms, while the "theory" they use is not the same as FGO's setting.
You underestimate just how popular FGO is in Japan, it's Monster Hunter levels of spectacle whenever they release a new story event over there.

Dex-chan lover
You underestimate just how popular FGO is in Japan, it's Monster Hunter levels of spectacle whenever they release a new story event over there.
I'm pointing out the fact that fiction is full of such tropes, and also that this series doesn't resemble FGO's take at all. I am an avid fan and am well aware of Fate's popularity, thank you very much. That is exactly why I can tell you it's not the same as Fate's setting lostbelts especially which are not parallel timelines anyway, plus give this mangaka more credit than just pulling ideas from Fate.

Since you mentioned monster hunter, let's say you read some series about a guy carrying a huge claymore sword on his back. Do you then automatically go "Hey this mangaka must be a big MH fan because huge oversized sword!", just because MH is popular there? Of course not. But that's what you sound like with regards this FGO thing. Never mind that that trope is common as hell. As is parallel timelines and all the associated sci-fi tropes and terms.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm pointing out the fact that fiction is full of such tropes, and also that this series doesn't resemble FGO's take at all. I am an avid fan and am well aware of Fate's popularity, thank you very much. That is exactly why I can't tell you it's not the same as Fate's setting lostbelts especially which are not parallel timelines anyway, plus give this mangaka more credit than just pulling ideas from Fate.

Since you mentioned monster hunter, let's say you read some series about a guy carrying a huge claymore sword on his back. Do you then automatically go "Hey this mangaka must be a big MH fan because huge oversized sword!", just because MH is popular there? Of course not. But that's what you sound like with regards this FGO thing. Never mind that that trope is common as hell. As is parallel timelines and all the associated sci-fi tropes and terms.
Wait did you assume I meant to disagree with you just cause I said FGO is popular?

If so I apologize for the misunderstanding, I should have worder it better I admit.

You're not wrong, of course parallel worlds is a theme far older than FGO, goes all the way back to the old black and white Dr.Who series and likely even more far back still to myths and religions IRL.

Just saying that FGO is a very high profile example of this theme in the author's home country, so there is a good probability it may have gotten inspirations from it.

Probability does not mean certainty of course, so they may have also just gotten the inspiration from any other work with parallel worlds.

Like Steins Gate or Re:Zero for example.(again this is not a statement that IT IS 100% this, just random theory-crafting for fun)

Dex-chan lover
no, not at all: he is not in control, it's Yomiko and the other (foster mother of the 3?) messing with the 5 of them, with some obscure purpose
I don't like it, it makes the story too light now that anything can happen its like hes just drea

Fed-Kun's army
no, not at all: he is not in control, it's Yomiko and the other (foster mother of the 3?) messing with the 5 of them, with some obscure purpose
The author is in control, he can put in any kind of scenario( or "filler") and it might be as nothing happened since the mc is the only one that remembers, image he marries one of the girls but next chapter the go back to the usual relationship since that happened in a alt universe. Imo anything that doesn't happened in the "original" universe has limited value since it only affects the mc as hes the only that remebers it.

But if the "original" universe splits and we get multiple endings thats fine by me. but in this ark i dont like it cause if feals that the author altered the story just to shoehorn in a template character(childhood friend). I guess i just lost faith in the author.

Banned
multiverse inherently and always ruins stories. if multiverse, then the audience should care about all versions of the characters they're invested in. but that's not feasible and the narrative can't support it. so instead the audience, to the extent that it pays attention, will begin to care about none of the versions. it removes all stakes, multiplies all stakes by infinity, negates all character development, develops the same characters in contradictory ways.

just don't do it.

the only solution as a reader is to pretend there's actually no multiverse, or if it's as integral to the plot as it is here, just stop thinking entirely and just absorb emotional states one panel at a time.

When this arc began I thought they were just put in a dream world, but now the author decided to cement this multiverse stuff and can't say I'm a fan when everything's happening and not happening simultaneously.

At least Bokuben ended in a straightforward VN manner, if this author wants to pull off the same, but spice it up with magic, then it'll only make it worse.

so it means the story can have multiple endings? or the author can use this plot to twist the story or make the ending whenever he wants (if suddenly the manga get axed)

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Not gonna lie but even though the story has been off the rail to the plot, which in opinion steered really well for it to evolve, I keep getting pulled into knowing more about the world and fate than Uryuu and his destiny. All I can say is this genuinely is superior than Quintessential Quintuplets.

Also, I notice Yomiko drawing a fox, a rabbit, a deer and a tortoise. I think this maybe a hint to the next god that reveal with her holding onto the rabbit mask. Kuragami is a deer. The fox-masked is the one always playing with Uryuu and now Yomiko has a rabbit mask. So I'm guessing her drawing a tortoise there could be hinting the next god to appear.
Kuragami  is the fox masked goddess though. She was the one that appeared when Shirahi made her wish, as well as the same goddess that granted all of the other girls' wishes and messed with their realities and sent Uryuu and Yae back in time, put Uryuu and Asahi in a Groundhog Day timeloop, and switched Uryuu and Yuna's bodies.

It's all been the same fox-masked goddess, Kuragami.

What's interesting is the Yomiko is a rabbit-masked goddess and her shrine is called the Tsukigami Shrine, "Tsuki" means "Moon" and there's a myth about rabbits living on the moon and why they pound mochi on new years.

Based on earlier chapters, the Amagami shrine looks like their shrine animal is the Koi fish, since they made charms with Koi on them for their shrine festival, and Yae made Asahi a stuffed Koi for her birthday.

My Japanese isn't fluent or good enough to figure it out but I'm pretty sure "Kuragami" means "Fox God/dess" or something similar, but aside from "Uo" and "Koi", I can't think of any other term for "fish" similar to "Ama" in "Amagami". But again, I'm not fluent and only know how to read Katakana and Hiragana, so I can't read Kanji for shit and speaking it would only make me sound worse than someone speaking Engrish lol

That being said, the only fish I can find that has "Ama" in its name is the "Amadai Tilefish", and that's a type of sea bream and nothing like a carp/koi lol

And based off the Kanji and Google Translate though, the "Ama" [甘] in "Amagami" [甘神] is the kanji for "Sweet", as in "Amai", so "Amagami" just means "Sweet God".

But now I'm wondering if that one animal in Yomiko's sketches is supposed to be a fish or something. Cause there's the obvious looking Fox, Bird, Deer, and Rabbit, but the fifth one looks less like a fish and more like a turtle, and I dunno if a deer, bird or fish/turtle is supposed to have any ties to the kanji "ama" [甘] or the word "sweet".

Anyway I'm just rambling lol

Dex-chan lover
I had said in the past that several character just seemed to know everything, but this kind makes a point of it.

But doesnt it goes against the "you make your own destiny"

Users who are viewing this thread