Amai Seikatsu - Vol. 10 Ch. 95 - The Truth

I was expecting video evidence but I it ended in the same way. Didn't expect the attempted rape with a audience though.

About professional help being the best:
That would be the case if a person has some physical problem (like behaviour caused by hormone imbalance) or deep psychological problem (like repressed trauma).
For more normal problems like the stress or self-esteem, talking it out with a good friend can be as good as professional help.
Of course a good friend should encourage seeking professional help if he or she realises that the problem is much deeper.

Double-page supporter
I disagree with LeftoverFood. Therapy can help prevent stress or self-esteem from becoming crippling issues. If I didn't go every week to my therapist, my stress levels would be so high I'd be considering unspeakably bad things directed at myself.

Also, I had to learn to keep my feelings and temper in check due to what I mentioned before, but I did slap a guy in front of his mother once.

Dex-chan lover
Daaaaaayum.
Wakamiya-chan gave her the FOOT!
Probably about as much respect as she deserves at this point, but... damn...

I think that, with as tender a person as Edo-San is, he would realistically need years of therapy, and that this incident, being sexually assaulted in front of his initial abusers, would relegate Kouno to being a new trauma focus.
I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't walk in a room with her there without breaking down, and would never look at her as anything other than a threat.
Uggh.
Just... uggh.

Dex-chan lover
Hot shit, Kouno just hit my shit-list for THAT little... Series of stunts. Fucking hell, that can traumatize a person hardcore.

I always enjoy reading the TL notes SG, thanks for translating and being a thoughtful and empathetic person!

Wow, and now he gets raped and video taped.

I’ve been seeing a therapist for almost 4 years. It’s helped SO much. Never to early to seek help, that difficult -art is finding someone who will actually help you.

Dex-chan lover
@SaintGuardian

Long story short is that my parents spent beyond their means, the added financial stress, work stress and underlying issues resulted in a divorce, but since my father came from a very traditional family (he would lose face), fought it tooth and nail and the remaining money went to the lawyers and courts. This happened years ago so yeah.

I’ve had moments when my temper led to violence, mostly when I was a child. Fear will make my brain shut down but not the other emotions. I’ve sure had other problems to deal with — I’ll skip the details.

Best advice I’ve received in the last twenty years is, “The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.” That therapist read me like a book and knew what I was going to do before I did. And yes, you can take his advice to the bank.

Group Leader
@Pinealoupe Yeah, that just helps trigger the pain and fear of rape when you have to see those people again. Well, that's what I have heard. I could be wrong.

@LeftoverFood I agree that friends can help you out IF they are friends who support you. Most of the trauma a person has is deep enough that is beyond their control and needs professional help.

@ElBichoRaro Asking on discord. Dice gods chose you!

@Seraphus Technically the toe but yes. If she kicked harder, I would have laughed harder. I would be surprised if he didn't show anything when they meet up. If Edo doesn't react, I will think less of the mangaka.

@BanditHadron Right, if she just did a lot of talking and told the mom off. Then she wouldn't be on the shit list and onto maybe decent list. But she pulled those stunts and screwed up.

@denim Thank you and you are welcome. Knowing someone reads them and helps keep the information I put up there in check shows that people love the work of the group and my work.

@Tbird90677 And shares the same views as you. Arguing with a therapist because of one thing they are adamant that you are wrong. Granted, there are certain things they know is right and wrong but something that isn't their field of view is something that goes into opinion.

@SunSun Sorry to hear that, I do hope they found a better path in life. Hope you aren't carrying too much of your parent's life choices.

@pizzaguy Very true, most people will rely on the past for choices and behavior. Now changing that is very hard to do especially since I have lived with my depression and the only thing to make me stop being depressed was to be angry. I've got depression under control but now my anger likes to take shortcuts and blow up quick.

Group Leader
@BanditHadron I don't blame you. That is ten kinds of level of fucked up. It's one thing to stand your ground and voice your opinion. It's another thing when you voice your opinion and force others to see your opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@saintguardian we're all a product of our upbringing and environment but people have the agency to effect change.

@LeftoverFood disagree. Most of my issues my friends either don't get or don't even understand. One I told that I sometimes end up hearing literal voices telling me that everyone, even my own family is out to get me, that friends arent friends, that they're wearing masks hiding shit and laughing at me behind my back and his response was along the lines of, "You know, you need to figure out when people are laughing with you not at you man."

@sunsun I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you have people who will listen to you now. Those things should be taken seriously. Too many people just don’t get what it’s like when your brain does stuff you don’t choose. “Why don’t you just …” blah blah blah. I want to tell them, “If it was as easy for me as it is for you, I would not have these problems.”

Users who are viewing this thread