Amai Seikatsu - Vol. 8 Ch. 67 - Yumika's Birthday

Dex-chan lover
@saintguardian
I was immediately impressed by how well the SMS turned out; when I saw the picture on the last page I actually laughed... I remember those in-house messaging services for Lotus Notes and other programs...
I (obviously) love the group name! I have high hopes! Heck, I might even offer to proofread.
GREAT WORK!

Double-page supporter
...And called it. Economics is a harsh mistress.

Also, wow. Even a Japanese comic that had like zero chance to come out in the West has to get permission to write the first three verses of the freaking Happy Birthday song. Utterly ridiculous.

I like the Chairman. He's my favorite character, and the best wingman. Never mind that I caught up in one day. So glad to be along for this wonderful ride.

Group Leader
@MangaOverAnime It's so lifelike that it's scary.

@Seraphus Yeah, the SMS has changed greatly compared to what I learned on when I started computers. The BBS was almost the same but a LOT slower than this. I learned the newer system in High School and loved it.

@biznizz Economics is a harsh mistress, second to gravity. Read up on the wiki of Happy Birthday. The huge scare of people having to PAY to sing it was absurd which turned out to be huge scam.

@Nestrior I'm pretty sure he's being the best wingman because he's finding it hilarious!

Dex-chan lover
@saintguardian

Waiting 5 minutes for the BBS to load with a 1200 baud modem was worth it just to see a page of Nausicaa...
Of course, you can by it in Japanese really easily, here; there's a Kinokuniya about 5 miles from me... lolz...

Group Leader
@Seraphus lol, that was a fast modem when I was on BBS but I never knew about manga until I was on a 56k modem. That's when I discovered anime on SciFi channel and learned there were groups releasing the manga after translating them. I wanted to do what they did and made me finally decide to pick a project up myself. Yeah, I'm that lazy considering that was well over 20 years ago when I first experienced fan translated manga. The first manga I TRIED to redraw for was Oh! My Goddess. God lord, I am OLD! :p

Dex-chan lover
@saintguardian
Because the west coast has a large Japanese population (including a Tokyo University campus 20 miles from my hometown), we had a guy who would always upload what he could get; taking actual photos and I don't even Know how he got them to be viewable...
I had a 1200 bps when everybody else had a 14.4, or better, because my parents wouldn't buy a modem; I had to beg am old one off a friend.

Also, I can understand falling in love with Belldandy...

Group Leader
@Seraphus To get pictures viewable is a feat that I will admit is really freaking hard. Especially old technology. Belldandy wasn't the one I crushed on. In fact, I kind of found her wanting and "too perfect". Peorth was the waifu for me.

Users who are viewing this thread